Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Shane Carwin: Back And Ready For War

Print  
Who wins between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin?
Brock Lesnar 25 44%
Shane Carwin 32 56%
Posted By Message

miphi1991

MMA Regular

Career:80-51
Chips:
Shane Carwin: Back and Ready for War

One minute and forty-eight seconds.

That's the average length of Shane Carwin's four bouts in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Two of those four bouts were against either a former UFC heavyweight champion or contender, and all of them were ended by way of Carwin's massive fists smashing repeatedly into his opponent's face.

Last edited 3/28/10 10:22PM server time by miphi1991
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   3/28/10 10:20:24PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Idk who wins this...
I predicted (seems like years ago now) that Shane Carwin would be the HW champion one day, but I didn't consider how goodof a fighter Lesnar could become in such a short time.

I think I'll pick Lesnar.

Post #2   3/28/10 10:42:37PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Tough one to call.
Either Shane's skills off his back test the high waters or Brock's chin potentially gets smashed into 1 million pieces.

As of now i'm leaning slightly towards Carwin.
Brock has improved leaps and bounds with every fight,yet I still think their are many holes in his game to be taken advantage if he faces someone that can captilize on them. I don't see Brock winning this fight on the feet,yet getting in at close range proves just as dangerous with Shane Carwin as we have seen from previous bouts. He almost seems to be more devistating with short range strikes and this will not be good for Lesnar.
But as the old saying goes,"styles make fights" and Lesnar is a complete beast who can utilize his wrestling pedigree to its full potential. If he gets Carwin down he can win but he's going to have to keep him down. Against Gonzaga we also saw Carwin get rocked and many critics have brought this point up when his fans talk about his complete domination in the octagon.

To me I look at it this way.
Based on what we've seen of both these guys,(and being fair to Brock,he's not got the documented record Carwin does), it seems logical to conclude that Carwin can survive a little longer off his back than Brock can on his feet.
With that being said I'm going with Carwin by a very,very,slight edge.

Post #3   3/29/10 12:04:06AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,667-904
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I saw a much more efficient and much more powerful Randy Couture in Shane Carwin's performance against Frank Mir. Lesnar struggled a little against Couture when Couture had him pressed against the cage before he was able to score a takedown on a double leg.

If Shane Carwin is able to put Lesnar in the same position (as he did against Mir) and starts throwing some uppercuts, Lesnar could easily be put to sleep. I don't expect Lesnar to willingly oblige Carwin though.

A much more competitive fight than I thought before Saturday. I don't know who I'll be picking come fight time.

Post #4   3/29/10 1:09:02AM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Too tough to call.

Lesnar has to take Carwin down to get the W. Brocks standup cannot compete with this guy. The thing is can Lesnar easily take Carwin down? and if he does can he keep him on his back?

The Mir fight didnt answer any questions about Shanes defense, or wrestling. It just showed what a beast he is. This is going to be the first big test of Carwins career and will answer all the questions of Carwins well rounded game.

With that being said, Carwin took out Mir quicker and easier than Lesnar did. Styles make fights but based on comparing performances im leaning toward Carwin 55/45.

Post #5   3/29/10 3:55:21AM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
Carwin needs to work with Randy for a strategy to beat Brock. If he does I see him winning this fight. War Carwin!

Post #6   3/29/10 11:24:46AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
since his win is still fresh in my mind im leaning towards carwin right now, but that might change come fight time.

Post #7   3/29/10 11:35:47AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm calling for Lesnar via R1 TKO via Ground 'n Pound.

Last edited 3/29/10 11:38AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   3/29/10 11:38:23AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,468-851
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I'm not sure who I will pick come fight time, but I like Carwin's chances against Lesner, I was surprised how the Mir fight went, I don't think Lesner will stand with Carwin, I think Brock still wins this fight at this point in time.

Post #9   3/29/10 1:39:16PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I'm calling for Lesnar via R1 TKO via Ground 'n Pound.

i'm thinking the same thing

Post #10   3/29/10 4:23:03PM