Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Palhares' explaination and Drwal's injury update

Print  
Posted By Message

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:4,876-3,226
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Palhares link
Drwals injury
"I had no intention to hurt Tomasz," Palhares told MMAjunkie.com through his interpreter and manager, Alex Davis. "I never have; I am not like that.

"Unfortunately, there have been cases in the past where guys have tapped and then said they hadn't tapped. This happened in a match in the UFC between my trainer, Murilo Bustamante, and Matt Lindland. Our attitude is to hold the position until the ref interrupts to avoid this happening to us again."

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has learned that initial X-rays revealed no fractures in Drwal's knee or leg.

Drwal and his camp are hoping the injury is just a bad sprain of the knee.

An MRI on Monday will reveal the full nature of the injury.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #1   3/28/10 7:24:46PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,559-848
Chips:
Rogan blew that whole thing way out of proportion. It was almost laughable when he's counding the seconds of a slow motion replay. "Look at that, it was like five seconds he held on." Give me a break (figuratively speaking of course). Palhares was stretching his body backward making certain that the hold was secure. As soon as he realized that the ref was on him he let go. It's not his job to stop when the other fighter taps, it's his job to continue the fight until the ref steps in.

Sure it may have taken him a split second to realize the ref was on him but I didn't see anything malicious about the hold what so ever.

Post #2   3/28/10 9:13:41PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,953-1,167
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I saw absolutely nothing wrong with what Palhares did. You don't let go when the guy taps, you let go when the ref pulls you off.

I had a similar experience in a Jiu Jitsu toruny once. The guy tapped, but the ref didn't see it. When I let him go and he realized the ref wasn't stopping it, he kept going. Luckily I tapped him again. But from that point on I let go only when the ref intervenes.

Post #3   3/28/10 9:16:30PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:5,407-3,129
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I don't think this was nearly as bad as when Babalu didn't let go of the choke when David Heath tapped.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #4   3/28/10 10:29:26PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:2,116-1,275
Chips:
It didn't look malicious to me, just a case of Rogan needing to put the pipe down.

Post #5   3/29/10 10:17:40AM