Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

GSP, Mir, Lesnar on SportsCenter

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
In a positive sign that major mixed martial arts events are getting the kind of mainstream recognition that they deserve, ESPN has scheduled interviews with Georges St. Pierre, Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar this week on SportsCenter.

St. Pierre and Mir will both appear Thursday, two days before St. Pierre fights Dan Hardy and Mir fights Shane Carwin at UFC 111. St. Pierre's interview will air live at 12:15PM ET, and Mir's interview will air live at 11:45AM ET.

LINK

Post #1   3/25/10 10:38:06AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
What I saw was just a brief thirty second interview with Frank Mir after reading his statement about wanting to kill Brock in the ring. They then mentioned briefly that he'd be fighting on Saturday without mentioning the main event, the fact that it was on pay per view, or what time fans should tune in.

Post #2   3/25/10 2:23:30PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,690-1,487
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

What I saw was just a brief thirty second interview with Frank Mir after reading his statement about wanting to kill Brock in the ring. They then mentioned briefly that he'd be fighting on Saturday without mentioning the main event, the fact that it was on pay per view, or what time fans should tune in.

I'm confused. When I watched, they apologized for not having Frank on as advertised...and then GSP had about 90 seconds for his piece.

Post #3   3/25/10 3:15:31PM