Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Silva says no bad blood with Belfort, welcomes Maia's challenge at UFC 112

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (25-4 MMA, 10-0 UFC) says there's no bad blood between him and Vitor Belfort, and that he's ready to face Demian Maia (12-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC).

Silva attempts his sixth title defense against Maia at UFC 112, scheduled for April 10 at Concert Arena at the Ferrari World theme park on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Belfort was originally scheduled to take on Silva in the main event but was forced to withdraw in February with a bad shoulder injury. Maia stepped into the slot shortly afterward.

And despite indications that Silva was none too happy to face Belfort for his belt, the UFC middleweight champion said it's all business when he steps into the cage.

LINK

Post #1   3/24/10 10:57:44AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I love the spider as much as the next guy, but it is clear that Silva was unhappy about fighting Belfort. Besides all the crap talk that spews from Soares's mouth, Silva seemed mad about having to fight a freind/training partner in Vitor.

Not fighting training partners is understandable, until you train with every fighter from your home country, and consider them all pals. If Maia had hands like Vitor, im sure Silva or Soares would complain they r pals, but his hands r not as fast powerful or dangerous as Vitor's hands, so in that case its just buissness not freindship.

I hope Maia chokes the ish out of the number 1 pound for pound fighter on the planet.

Post #2   3/24/10 11:37:04AM