Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Lift The Ban Watch: Reilly "Probably" Won't Vote Against MMA If Included In State Budget

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Victory for MMA legislation in New York may finally be near. The biggest roadblock to MMA in the state-NY Assemblyman Bob Reilly-may be ready to wave the white flag. He's still against it, but should the legislation be in the state budget, he'll probably give up and not vote against it. He admits that the fiscal problems of the "Empire State" are "too big to be held up by a fight over mixed martial arts." Says Reilly, "It is violence for violence’s sake. And violence begets violence.... [But if the sanctioning of mixed martial arts is not removed from the budget process] Then I will probably not vote against it. As this will only be a small part of the budget."

Article

Post #1   3/24/10 7:07:30AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:904-633
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
It seems like ny legislators became fans over the past few months. I say this because the revenue from the gate won't plug the budget deficit. Also much of the money flies itself back to Las Vegas and splits up into Fertitas pockets and Dana Whites Ferrari dealers pockets. Local hotels and restraunts around an event venue are the only real economic activity besides the gate.

I cant wait for UFC to go to MSG, so I can miss it due to tickets being sold 4 $300!

Post #2   3/24/10 8:59:00AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
To me, more like they finally found a way to get around Reilly constantly blocking the legislation. It's a win-win and I think if it goes through, Reilly will see just how unfounded his claims really were.

Post #3   3/24/10 9:41:28AM