Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Frank Mir Is Not Obsessed With Brock Lesnar As A Person-Just In Finding A Way To Beat Him

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
It was one of many topics he touched on during an appearance on Pro MMA Radio this past Monday. "It's a legitimate concern [focusing too much on Lesnar while overlooking (Shane) Carwin]. But I'm not so much obsessed with Lesnar as a person, as I am with the techniques and positioning he used to beat me. And it's an obsession that will do me well with this fight. If I don't improve upon those aspects of the game, Carwin is also a very strong and powerful guy who's a great wrestler, and he can do the same things to me that Brock did."

Article

Post #1   3/24/10 7:04:13AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,499-886
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
"But I'm not so much obsessed with Lesnar as a person, as I am with the techniques and positioning he used to beat me"

Can't say that I blame you, MIr. You looked like a child against a man in that fight. I imagine the feeling of helplessness that you experienced was very hard to stomach.

..... I love watching Mir lose a fight.

Post #2   3/24/10 7:57:40AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
If you aren't obsessed with Brock why do you have dreams about him? why would your wife feel that you were overly obsessed with Brock? why do you mention his name in every interview you do? why do you fantasize about murdering him in the cage?

Frank Mir is definitely obsessed. it is almost scary how obsessed he is and some times it leaves me questioning his sanity. either way, it would make for a great rubber match as the hype would be off the charts. i just hope Brock is able to return 100% so we see if Mir is able to beat the best Lesnar.

Post #3   3/24/10 9:50:11AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I love fighters that finish in the first round... its so much more exciting imo. Mir is one of the most exciting sub guys, and all his fights are great to watch, win or lose.

Great wrestlers can do hold downs on anyone, even if you have great subs like Mir. I give the technique of wrestling more credit than Lesnar, who obviously increases this ability imo, only because hes got a gigantic frame.

Wrestlers always make an impact in mma/ufc

Look at Hughes career (serra fight)
Chael vs Nate
Randy vs whoever
Whoever vs Randy (like Barnett on roids)
Sherk vs anyone b4 bj penn

Fitch vs. Anyone
GSP vs. most everyone
Kos early career.
all gret fighters that use wrestling to win. If they didnt, perhaps they would lose more often.

Thats one reason Rogan feels wrestling is the best base for mma, because you can neutralize and beat a better fighter and or a more well rounded fighter.a wrestler can also pick where the fight takes place.

p.s.
Mir is not obsessed with Brock. Its hype. Mir has been awoken from a career where he didnt train. He than got beat, and the defeat made him more motivated to suceed. Lesnar is just a symbolic representation of Mir wanting to get back that loss. It is nothing personal about Lesnar Mir likes, it could have been Mr. T who he was obsessed with, if Mr. T beat Mir imo.

Last edited 3/24/10 10:54AM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   3/24/10 10:49:54AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Mir is not obsessed with Brock. Its hype. Mir has been awoken from a career where he didnt train. He than got beat, and the defeat made him more motivated to suceed. Lesnar is just a symbolic representation of Mir wanting to get back that loss. It is nothing personal about Lesnar Mir likes, it could have been Mr. T who he was obsessed with, if Mr. T beat Mir imo.

i wholeheartedly disagree; it is 100% personal imo:

I want to fight Lesnar. I hate who he is as a person. I want to break his neck in the ring. I want him to be the first person that dies due to Octagon-related injuries.

He doesn’t like me and I can guarantee, you talk to anybody in my family, it’s a legitimate hate,” Mir said of Lesnar. “His very being bugs me just because I’ve seen a lot of children out there who look to athletes and martial artists as role models, and it just makes me cringe. I sit there and go, ‘Man, I lost to this guy the second time around and now people think that’s the way to be — be big, obnoxious and angry.’ That’s not right. We have anger toward each other. Everything I stand for he despises and dislikes, and I can tell you I truly do not like him as a person whatsoever

There is something that is just inside me now that I can't get rid of; it hurts all the time. It's the dreams I have at night about Brock...that i don't know if i can live with myself.

Post #5   3/24/10 1:42:25PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Mir is definitely obsessed with and harbors great hatred for Lesnar.

.... and that's OK.

Post #6   3/24/10 1:45:36PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I think he's going to have a heartattack when Lesnar beats him again.

Post #7   3/25/10 4:23:01PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
IMO it's all hype. these guys get along or atleast did before that last fight. Maybe it changed after that.

Post #8   3/25/10 8:43:39PM