Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Martial Arts Is About Going To War, Not Wearing Pajamas

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
That's the latest, and perhaps funniest yet, trash talk from Dan Hardy directed at UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre. He says among other things, "As far as saying I’m not a martial artist… Because he walks out in the Octagon in his pajamas he’s a martial artist and I’m not? He knows nothing about me…"

Article

Post #1   3/17/10 7:22:27AM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,264-800
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
gsp would beat hardy if gsp was only wearing pajamas and hardy was wearing some legion of doom body armor.

Post #2   3/17/10 8:33:42AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,954-1,208
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
GSP just hurry up and beat hardys ass real bad so he can shut up and disappear into mma nothingness...

Post #3   3/17/10 8:49:22AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
mma is going to war not wearing pj's but yet he walks in with a bandana covering his face like he is a cowboy ready to rob a bank

Post #4   3/17/10 11:13:20AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I reeeeeeeeeeally hope that Hardy knocks his block off so all of the internet fanboy nuthuggers get blasted with a big taste reality to knock them off GSP's sack.

Seriously, the level of blatant nuthuggery is through the roof. More so than ever before. And I'm a HUGE fan of GSP. It's to the point where I hesitate about opening any thread with "GSP" in the title because it's always the same thing...

"GSP can't be beaten."
"GSP is going to humiliate Hardy."
"GSP is God."
"Hardy doesn't stand a chance."
"Blah blah blah blah blah you can't understand me because I have GSP's balls in my throat."

It's official. I'm rooting for Dan.

Last edited 3/17/10 11:37AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #5   3/17/10 11:35:59AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Hardy's a gamer man. You gotta love that. I honestly don't care who wins I just want to see some fireworks!

Post #6   3/17/10 12:18:17PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I reeeeeeeeeeally hope that Hardy knocks his block off so all of the internet fanboy nuthuggers get blasted with a big taste reality to knock them off GSP's sack.

Seriously, the level of blatant nuthuggery is through the roof. More so than ever before. And I'm a HUGE fan of GSP. It's to the point where I hesitate about opening any thread with "GSP" in the title because it's always the same thing...

"GSP can't be beaten."
"GSP is God."
"Blah blah blah blah blah you can't understand me because I have GSP's balls in my throat."

Yeah, but you gotta realize that Hardy has about the same chances of beating GSP as the Irish Hand Grenade, or Swick, Or Serra.

And the competition that GSP had fought and wrecked in the last 2 years minus Serra would probably all wreck Hardy, and Serra probably has an even fight against Hardy. That is important to remember.

What would Fitch/ BJ/ Alves/ Koscheck all do to him? And what did GSP do to all of them?

Post #7   3/17/10 12:49:05PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Hardy has no respect for the gi imo
Hardy may have hands, but rory markham is his only ko in the ufc and his other fights were decisions.
if hardy couldnt finish
davis
gono or
swick
how can he finish gsp?
gsp by tko or sub rd 4

Last edited 3/17/10 1:02PM server time by icantthinkofanything

Post #8   3/17/10 1:02:19PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Hardy is in a Matt Serra position going in. He's a good striker and as Serra demonstrated, that one perfect/lucky shot is all it takes.

Post #9   3/17/10 1:03:48PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Yeah, but you gotta realize that Hardy has about the same chances of beating GSP as the Irish Hand Grenade, or Swick, Or Serra.

And the competition that GSP had fought and wrecked in the last 2 years minus Serra would probably all wreck Hardy, and Serra probably has an even fight against Hardy. That is important to remember.

What would Fitch/ BJ/ Alves/ Koscheck all do to him? And what did GSP do to all of them?

I don't care about Hardy's chances of winning and I don't care about any MMAth that can be used in determing who could/would/should beat Hardy. There's a formula and a gameplan for beating EVERY fighter in MMA. Not one fighter on the face of this Earth is invincible.

Post #10   3/17/10 1:32:51PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,782-1,124
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

"GSP can't be beaten."
"GSP is God."

I have felt the same way my house is gonna be full of GSP fans that night so I will going for Hardy I like how he knows whats gonna happen and knows he is gonna only have a few chances to win the fight you don't hear him saying "I'm gonna stop his takedowns" he is just going for what he does best throw mean hard punches and try and catch em.

I will be picking GSP to win by his normal UD but I too will be rooting for Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #11   3/17/10 1:35:43PM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

There's a formula and a gameplan for beating EVERY fighter in MMA. Not one fighter on the face of this Earth is invincible.

While certainly not invincible, GSP through his takedowns and ground control basically reduces everyone's gameplan to "land a lucky punch."

Thus the long odds every fight.

Post #12   3/17/10 1:46:12PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by finnish_line

While certainly not invincible, GSP through his takedowns and ground control basically reduces everyone's gameplan to "land a lucky punch."

Thus the long odds every fight.

I understand that but the end result is the same. "Lucky" punch or not, a win is win.

Don't get me wrong...I'm going to pick GSP to win but I'll be elated if Hardy serves up a slice of humble pie to the GSP fanboys.

Post #13   3/17/10 1:55:21PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,338-1,248
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Hardy's trash talk at this point is just starting to get annoying IMO.

Post #14   3/17/10 2:46:14PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by xdanish020

Hardy's trash talk at this point is just starting to get annoying IMO.

No more annoying than those who are trash talking on GSP's behalf.

Last edited 3/17/10 2:49PM server time by emfleek

Post #15   3/17/10 2:49:12PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3