Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Georges St. Pierre Unfazed by Dan Hardy-Matt Serra Training Partnership

Print  
Posted By Message

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
Heading into his UFC 111 welterweight title showdown, champion Georges St. Pierre finds himself in a similar position as he was in April 2007, an overwhelming favorite.

Schlink

Post #1   3/16/10 4:46:10PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I hope GSP ko's Hardy in the 1st. If not a submission thats very painful.

Post #2   3/16/10 5:06:49PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

I hope GSP ko's Hardy in the 1st. If not a submission thats very painful.

I hope Hardy pulls off the upset in whatever fashion.

Post #3   3/16/10 7:10:36PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I can't see why he would be affected by it, he beat Serra pretty easily in their second fight that he actually took seriously. I see this looking more like Serra vs St Pierre 2 than Serra vs St Pierre 1

Post #4   3/16/10 7:40:11PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,358-789
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Serra is so overrated , then the next week he's underrated , he's an above average fighter with a big over hand and a good chin , you can't teach that to another guy. Has he forgotten what happened when GSP got serious. I truly hope he fights like Dan Hardy and not Matt Serra.

Post #5   3/16/10 11:29:52PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,329-737
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think the only thing he can really learn from Serra is his confidence and his experience with being in the cage with GSP twice now. Serra also has very good BJJ but I don't think that's going to help Hardy much. Hardy has fairly good stand up but I still feel he is a lesser version of Thiago Alves in every way. The best thing Hardy can do is not worry about the take downs and let his hands go. If he worries about the take downs he wont be able to strike very well because he will ALWAYS be worrying about the TD. But I really feel if it hits the ground GSP will overwhelm Hardy with GnP just like he did to Serra and B.J. Penn ( BJ has never gotten beat as bad as he did by GSP) who have much better ground games than Hardy. Hardy hasn't had to really deal with the high end wrestlers at WW and now he is going against the best of them all. If Davis was able to get Hardy down I can only imagine how easily GSP will get him down. I also wouldn't be shocked to see GSP sub Hardy. But this is MMA and anything can happen so you should never totally count out any fighter.

Post #6   3/17/10 6:27:36PM