Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Mike Swick: Dan Hardy Deserves Title Shot Against GSP, Can 'Definitely Win'

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Mike Swick and Dan Hardy have never appeared to be the best of friends. Of course, Hardy beat Swick to earn a welterweight title shot in November and then Swick talked publicly about how he didn't believe Hardy had done enough to truly earn that shot.

So with that in mind, you might be surprised to hear that Swick has changed his tune about Hardy's right to face Georges St-Pierre later this month at UFC 111 and his chances of pulling off the upset in Newark, NJ.

"Hardy can definitely win. Overall, GSP has the better chances to win, of course, but Hardy is getting better and better and, honestly, I am more excited to see this GSP fight versus Hardy than pretty much anyone else you could put GSP in with," Swick recently said.

LINK

Post #1   3/10/10 10:08:40AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I think he's sincere. It's nice to see him come out and say this, because by saying that Dan didn't deserve the shot, he was almost saying that he wouldn't have deserved it if he won.

Damage control done, too bad his teammates don't feel the same way. I've never seen Swick as an unlikeable guy, so I'm glad to hear him say that.

"It would be very exciting for the division to have him as champion. " I couldn't agree with you more Mike.

Post #2   3/10/10 11:28:04AM   

Menard_StC

MMA Regular

Menard_StC Avatar

Career:1,052-623
Chips:
Great interview, it's cool to see him man up and actually give Hardy credit, and acknowledge his shortcomings.

Now we just need kos to admit he has 2 losses in the last couple years and hardy deserves the shot much more then him.

Post #3   3/10/10 12:00:36PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I agree with everything he said.
I think Hardy deserves the shot for being undefeated 4-0 in ufc
, and (this may be dumb, let me know) but when your own camp says you are better than Daley, who is your teammate (im pretty sure this was said), and Daley is so great right now! Daley is great, if Hardy's better, wow!
So Hardy being better than Daley makes me think he's a threat and being underated cause he only fought swick, davis, gono and markham.

I hope since Swick relizes his style is predictable, he will make the improvements needed , get better and get a title shot one day.

Swickitine

Last edited 3/10/10 12:08PM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   3/10/10 12:07:52PM   

Qorvus

MMA Regular

Qorvus Avatar

Career:800-410
Chips:
This is how to be a man.

"Dan Hardy definitely deserves his title shot in Newark. I said in a few interviews he didn't but - I want to clear the air - when I said that I was still upset I'd got beat by him at UFC 105. I made that mistake of talking when I was feeling emotional, when I was feeling down and was disappointed in my performance. But it wasn't my true opinion; at least not one I'd actually thought about,"

Post #5   3/10/10 12:41:22PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
i'd like to give props to Mike Swick...how do i do that?

Post #6   3/10/10 2:33:34PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

I agree with everything he said.
I think Hardy deserves the shot for being undefeated 4-0 in ufc
, and (this may be dumb, let me know) but when your own camp says you are better than Daley, who is your teammate (im pretty sure this was said), and Daley is so great right now! Daley is great, if Hardy's better, wow!
So Hardy being better than Daley makes me think he's a threat and being underated cause he only fought swick, davis, gono and markham.

I hope since Swick relizes his style is predictable, he will make the improvements needed , get better and get a title shot one day.

Swickitine

A little dumb but only because Daley is not that great really. He has big holes in his game at the moment. They would say Dan is better because he is but Daley is not great.....good, but not great.

Well done to Swick for this. I had lost my respect for him. He seemed to be following the AKA way of bitching and moaning and always talking about other fighters short comings and not their own.

But with this interview he has won back my respect.

Post #7   3/10/10 2:47:42PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:

Posted by Qorvus

This is how to be a man.

"Dan Hardy definitely deserves his title shot in Newark. I said in a few interviews he didn't but - I want to clear the air - when I said that I was still upset I'd got beat by him at UFC 105. I made that mistake of talking when I was feeling emotional, when I was feeling down and was disappointed in my performance. But it wasn't my true opinion; at least not one I'd actually thought about,"

Being a man is.......acting like a child and spouting off at the mouth in a tantrum and then later say ...i'm so sorry! Sorry bud but that doesn't hold weght in my book. First Mir floundering about what he said about Brock and now Swick tryin to be PC!?? SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY! No matter who's "leaning" on you.

Last edited 3/10/10 11:13PM server time by bustedknuckle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   3/10/10 11:13:04PM