Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Anderson Silva: 'Vitor Belfort was never my friend'

Print  
Posted By Message

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:
“First thing, he (Belfort) was never my friend. Second, a fight is fight. I’m here to fight and whoever is better prepared will win and one of us will lose. I’d be upset if I had to face Rodrigo, Rogerio, Feijao, Lyoto or even Wanderlei or Shogun, but Vitor? He’s just another opponent like everyone else."

Taken from an article that wasn’t published due to the cancellation of their UFC 112 fight in Abu Dhabi, Anderson Silva reveals that he and Victor Belfort were never "friends" despite training together at Team Black House.

Link

Post #1   3/8/10 6:42:21PM   

XblacksheepX

MMA Regular

XblacksheepX Avatar

Career:672-359
Chips:
man, there's nothing more dangerous then a pissed off anderson silva. i hope this fight happens another time.

Post #2   3/8/10 7:55:13PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,606-1,363
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
So what exactly is the complete list of fighters Silva will not face. Because I for one am a bit annoyed by this as I would like to see some of those fights.

Post #3   3/8/10 8:11:18PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by XblacksheepX

man, there's nothing more dangerous then a pissed off anderson silva. i hope this fight happens another time.

did i miss something? what makes you think he's pissed off?
it just sounds like he's saying that Vitor isn't one of the fighters he's tight with even though they have trained together.

aside from all that....i can't help but hope Vitor takes this if and when they do fight. I'll be picking Vitor because i love watching him fight but I'm not sure if he has what it takes to beat Anderson. Either way ...should be very entertaining. Anderson is a freakin mazing.

Post #4   3/8/10 8:30:02PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Ever since I saw Vitor beat up on Tank Abbott way back he's been one of my favourite fighters, I reallllly hope he beats Silva when they fight and I think of anyone Vitor could do it, let's hope it happens.

Post #5   3/8/10 9:56:54PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i probably have friends that say the same thing about me

Post #6   3/8/10 10:37:42PM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:
EXACTLY!!!!!, a fight is a fight anderson, SO FIGHT MACHIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #7   3/9/10 9:58:43AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,690-1,482
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Ever since I saw Vitor beat up on Tank Abbott way back he's been one of my favourite fighters, I reallllly hope he beats Silva when they fight and I think of anyone Vitor could do it, let's hope it happens.

Agreed!!!!

Post #8   3/9/10 3:42:17PM   

XblacksheepX

MMA Regular

XblacksheepX Avatar

Career:672-359
Chips:

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by XblacksheepX

it just sounds like he's saying that Vitor isn't one of the fighters he's tight with even though they have trained together.

aside from all that....i can't help but hope Vitor takes this if and when they do fight. I'll be picking Vitor because i love watching him fight but I'm not sure if he has what it takes to beat Anderson. Either way ...should be very entertaining. Anderson is a freakin mazing.

Vitor Belfort: Anderson Silva seemed 'upset or nervous' at UFC 112 pre-fight face off

Last edited 3/9/10 9:01PM server time by xblacksheepx
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   3/9/10 9:00:52PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
i can't remember... was vitor a brazilian top team guy back in the day? if you remember chute boxe and btt didn't get a long

and "oh no", is anderson growing out that nasty goatee again?

Last edited 3/10/10 10:26AM server time by jgtribbett
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   3/10/10 10:24:46AM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by XblacksheepX

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by XblacksheepX

Vitor Belfort: Anderson Silva seemed 'upset or nervous' at UFC 112 pre-fight face off

oh, yeah i saw that. i thought you were pulling something out of this article (Anderson Silva: 'Vitor Belfort was never my friend' ) specifically that made it sound like Silva was pissed.

Post #11   3/10/10 3:12:54PM