Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Marcus Jones announced as second of four bonus characters for "UFC Undisputed 2010"

Print  
Posted By Message

Jride

Standup Guy

Jride Avatar

Career:864-583
Chips:

Video game retailer GameStop announced this week that former professional footballer Marcus Jones (4-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) is the second of four playable bonus characters in the forthcoming "UFC Undisputed 2010" title.

Jones joins James McSweeney as the only two officially announced bonus characters. The remaining two will be revealed one per day on March 9 and March 16.

Customers can secure access to these bonus characters by pre-ordering the game with GameStop either in-store or online. According to the company's website, "a code and instructions to unlock the GameStop exclusive fighters will come packaged with your game."

The retailer engaged in a similar program with the THQ's debut UFC-related title, "UFC 2009 Undisputed," when Ryan Bader and Efrain Escudero were offered up as incentives to reserve the game early. The two fighters were then eligible for all consumers to download 90 days after the initial release date.

The critically acclaimed title went on to sell 3.5 million units and won the "Best Individual Sports Game" at the 2009 VGA Awards, beating out the likes of "Fight Night Round 4," "Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10," and "Wii Sports Resort."

Available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation3, "UFC Undisputed 2010" is set for a May 25 release.

"'UFC 2009 Undisputed' opened the door for us to further share the UFC brand with videogame and fight fans around the world, and we cannot wait to return this spring with the release of 'UFC Undisputed 2010,'" UFC president Dana White stated in the official announcement of the new game.

Jones, a first-round draft pick in the 1996 NFL draft, began his MMA career in late 2007. The green but well-rounded fighter advanced to the semifinals of "The Ultimate Fighter 10" after a submission victory over Mike Wessel and a TKO win over Darrill Schoonover.

A seven-year member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jones was knocked out of the competition in the semis by Brendan Schaub in one of the season's most entertaining bouts. Following the loss, Jones said he planned to walk away from the sport, but he returned for the season's live finale, only to suffer a second-round TKO loss to Matt Mitrione

Link

Post #1   3/6/10 3:11:05PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,426-852
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I want Royce Gracie in a gi as a bonus character!
I want Don Frye as a bonus character!
I want Art Jimmerson with a single boxing glove as a bonus character!

Post #2   3/6/10 3:44:15PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,456-844
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

I want Royce Gracie in a gi as a bonus character!
I want Don Frye as a bonus character!
I want Art Jimmerson with a single boxing glove as a bonus character!

I was actually thinking the same thing.
Guys like Jones are alright but I would prefer to have "Legends" as bonus characters.
Give us a prime Don Frye,Royce Gracie,Ken Shamrock,etc.
Nothing wrong with Marcus Jones but this announcement does nothing to get me any more excited for the game. Jones just hasn't done anything for me to even get pumped about the possiblity of playing as him.
But if legends were bonus characters I would be even more excited for 2010.

Post #3   3/6/10 3:55:57PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
obvious bonus characters will be tuf fighters
last 2 must be shaub and meat head

i expect roy nelson to already be in the game

Post #4   3/6/10 4:17:48PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,370-793
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Yeah this does nothing for me . I agree with you guys give me some legends! Don Frye, Marco Ruas, Bas Rutten, Maurice Smith, the dude with the one boxing glove, something.

Post #5   3/6/10 5:44:53PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,409-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Oh cool Marcus Jones.

So does this mean they're going to have a 4th style of striking since he can't box, kickbox, or do muay thai ?

Post #6   3/7/10 12:29:58PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Oh cool Marcus Jones.

So does this mean they're going to have a 4th style of striking since he can't box, kickbox, or do muay thai ?

You'll now be able to choose between striking, grappling and gardening when creating a fighter in Career Mode.

Last edited 3/7/10 12:43PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   3/7/10 12:43:15PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
More catering to the casual fans. Leaning towards EA MMA now.Jones shouldn't be a bonus character, he should be one of the guys you fight at the beginning of career mode.

Post #8   3/7/10 1:17:02PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,848-1,057
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Oh cool Marcus Jones.

Yes. With this 4th style instead of punches and kicks, the buttons do the "stand still" and "stick your chin out' commands.

Last edited 3/7/10 1:26PM server time by ncordless
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #9   3/7/10 1:23:53PM