Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Claude Patrick signs four-fight UFC deal, expected to make debut in Vancouver

Print  
Posted By Message

Jride

Standup Guy

Jride Avatar

Career:864-583
Chips:

It didn't take long for Claude Patrick (11-1) to take that next step in his career.

The Toronto, Ontario, Canada-based welterweight recently signed a four-fight deal with the UFC and is expected to make his octagon debut four provinces west in Vancouver, British Columbia.

Patrick today shared news of the signing with "The Fight Show with Mauro Ranallo," and MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has since learned from sources close to the promotion that while an opponent has not yet been determined, the Canadian is expected to compete on the as-yet-unannounced UFC 115 event.

UFC 115 is expected to take place June 12 at the 19,000-seat GM Place, a recent host for many of the 2010 Winter Olympics' games. A third light heavyweight grudge match between "The Ultimate Fighter 11" coaches Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz is expected to headline the event.

A one-time veteran of the now-defunct International Fight League, Patrick most recently fought at Aggression MMA in Edmonton, Alberta, where he stopped Matt McGrath by guillotine choke in the third round of their co-main event fight.

Patrick has nine first-round stoppages to his credit and has won eight of those victories by submission.

In a recent interview with MMAjunkie.com, Patrick spoke of the hardships he's endured as a fighter in a Canadian province where MMA is illegal. He hoped the UFC's lobbying efforts in Toronto would help change the current laws banning the sport.

"I'm really looking forward to do the sport that I love," he said.

Patrick trains with Mark Bocek and Sean Pierson and runs the Elite Training Center in his hometown of Mississauga, Ontario.

Link

Post #1   3/5/10 6:39:10PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,436-1,301
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i heard about him siging with ufc over a month ago
curious to see who he fights first though

Post #2   3/6/10 1:45:13PM