Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Vadim Finkelstein clears the air on Mousasi leaving M1 and Fedor's contract negotiations

Print  
Posted By Message

Jride

Standup Guy

Jride Avatar

Career:864-583
Chips:

If you can sit there and pretend like the name 'Vadim Finkelstein' doesn't sound like some end boss on Castlevania, then you need to reevaluate your childhood. A few weeks ago, Gegard Mousasi left M-1 Global due to reasons that are still unknown (or entirely too complicated to comprehend). Fedor's recent contract negations has led conspiracy theorists to develop complex scenarios in which M-1 Global would take over the Strikeforce brand in international markets. In a recent interview, Vadim Finkelstein of M-1 Global clears the air on what exactly is going on with Fedor, Mousasi and M-1 Global.

"The problem isn't there. The fight will take place. We're planning on showing the bout in over 100 countries. For all of that to go smoothly we had to postpone the event. Unfortunately I do not know the date yet. It's most likely going to be in early May. The bout is also postponed because of some other contract issues. Obviously there are always disagreements and technical questions, but everybody deals with those."

Fedor's a professional; he needs to know the specific date in order to come out in perfect condition. When he finds out that exact date he will start gathering the camp so that he may come out at his peak. He never stops training though, he always stays in shape.

Mousasi has never had a contract with M-1. If that was the case, he would not have been able to simply leave the organization. Where did he go? He still has his contracts with Strikeforce and Dream. M-1 was helping him grow. Mousasi has always been friends with us and Fedor and in return we were helping him go forward. His action was a surprise to me. I plan on meeting with him next week and finding out what's wrong. We used to say that Mousasi is an M-1 fighter, because he was starting in our organization. I'm sure that on our M-1 Challenge and M-1 Selection tournament he will not be the only fighter of that level.

Link

Post #1   3/4/10 2:55:11PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I dont know about that, Gegard seems pretty good, and fighters that good dont drop from the sky or grow on m-1 trees like vadim is implying (imo)

Post #2   3/4/10 3:45:30PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
I dont really understand any of his comments. I mean they dont answer any questions that he was supposedly adressing...

-First he says there is no problem with Fedors contract, saying the Postponement was due to broadcasting in various countries. Then says that it was also postponed due to some other contract issues but doesnt explain those at all???

-He says Mousasi never had a contract with M-1. So then why was it common opinion among fans and journalists alike that he was. Also why would Gegard say himself that he was leaving M-1 Global and cutting his ties???

On a side note I wonder what the hell he meant by this.
Quote:"Mousasi has never had a contract with M-1."If that was the case, he would not have been able to simply leave the organization

Sounds a little threatening to say the least...

Post #3   3/4/10 6:13:07PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
sounds like any politician to me.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   3/4/10 8:21:03PM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Mousasi to the UFC.... i hope

Post #5   3/4/10 11:56:44PM   

xburbx

MMA Regular

xburbx Avatar

Career:645-394
Camp: rafrojas
Chips:
meh - i bet he ends up like a carlos condit in the ufc

Post #6   3/5/10 8:58:07AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
rofl. What a bunch of hot air that was. He basically didn't say a single thing. Fedor stays in shape! thanks!

I like this news though because it tells me that the people (at least some of them) who work with M-1 regret it and are making it known. Hopefully Fedor feels the same way and books it as soon as his contract is up.

Post #7   3/5/10 11:39:50AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,411-771
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This doesn't make much sense at all. Why even say anything at all and you aren't going to really say anything. The fact that he would even say anything at all kind of tells me there is big problems inside M-1 right now.

Post #8   3/5/10 5:05:13PM