Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jeff Curran headed to Bellator

Print  
Posted By Message

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,500-882
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
After announcing a pair of opening-round featherweight matchups, Bellator Fighting Championships officials have set three additional bouts for the second event of its upcoming second season, Bellator 14.

A featured attraction is an opening-round welterweight tournament matchup between NCAA Division I national wrestling champion and Olympian Ben Askren (3-0) and. former UFC and Strikeforce fighter Ryan Thomas (10-3).

Non-tourney matchups include veteran and Chicago-area fighter Jeff Curran (31-12-1) vs. Joe Doherty (8-3) and Felice Herrig (1-2) vs. Catia Vitoria (0-0).

This is actually really old news, especially for me as I train at Curran Martial Arts. But I hadn't seen it posted any where.

Unfortunately his opponent is a little outmatched so it's kind of a throw away fight.link

Post #1   3/2/10 12:17:42AM   

mattmodist

Learning to Sprawl

mattmodist Avatar

Career:1,089-635
Chips:
Not even saying I disagree, but a very silly thing to put into print. "Throwaway" Fight. There is no such thing, and on any given day he could get cracked on the button by a can and take a loss. I hope Curran wins, and I'd like to see him travel up the ranks again, I am a fan! But making assumptions like that and then posting them on the net is dnagerous!

Post #2   3/2/10 10:29:00AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Bellator is putting together a good roster. I'm pretty excited for this.

Post #3   3/2/10 11:45:57AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,500-882
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by mattmodist

Not even saying I disagree, but a very silly thing to put into print. "Throwaway" Fight. There is no such thing, and on any given day he could get cracked on the button by a can and take a loss. I hope Curran wins, and I'd like to see him travel up the ranks again, I am a fan! But making assumptions like that and then posting them on the net is dnagerous!

Throw away doesn't mean he's guaranteed to win. It means that if he does win it's an almost useless fight for him. who going to look at jeff's record and say "OMG HE beat Joe Doherty". On the other hand, if he loses to him, it's kinda a big deal.

So throw away means he has everything to lose and nothing to gain from this fight.

Post #4   3/2/10 11:58:54AM