Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who is the best CHAMPION to come from TUF? ...and why?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Aiden08

Learning to Sprawl

Aiden08 Avatar

Career:587-469
Chips:
I would def have to say Matt Serra.

I mean let's face it. He is the real life Rocky Balboa. Nobody gave him a shot against GSP and he desroyed him. I mean sure Forest and Rashad are good but they didn't have to fight argueably the best P4P fighter in the world right after the show for their first fight.

Post #1   2/25/10 7:18:51PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Well, considering the fact that none of the three successfully defended their title, I'd say it's a 3-way tie, personally. They all get participation trophies.

Last edited 2/25/10 7:39PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   2/25/10 7:38:31PM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Well, considering the fact that none of the three successfully defended their title, I'd say it's a 3-way tie, personally. They all get participation trophies.

I personally think it is great the show produced title holder, even if it was for a short time. None of the 3 in my opinion were above and beyond better than each other.

Post #3   2/25/10 7:57:49PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,468-851
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I think Rashad has been the best, he's been competitive against good competition and he's still a contender.

Post #4   2/25/10 9:22:22PM   

ocho-cinco

In Full Mount

ocho-cinco Avatar

Career:994-597
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
Well Rashad proved he's better then Forrest when he beat him.... So it's between him and Serra. Yes Serra beat GSP but then he was brutally beaten in a one sided re-match. After that all he's done is lose a close decision to a past his prime Matt Hughes, and KO a waaaay past his prime Frank Trigg. I have a very hard time seeing Serra ever getting another title shot, much less holding the belt. Where as I Think Rashad is going to be top 5-10 LHW for a while, and will probably earn at the very least another crack at the title at some point. Serra has a less then impressive record of 10-6. Rashads record is a sterling 14-1-1. And you can't play the quality of opponents card here for Serra, Rashad has faced quality opponents in almost all his 11 UFC fights, not to mention he fights much more frequently. Serra has also fought a good number of quality opponents but his only win over a truly elite guy was GSP. So for me he hasn't proved he is more then a flash in the pan. He is a quality welterweight, but not much more then that. Rashard is an elite fighter in an equally tough division. For me it's not even close who is the better Champion from TUF, it's Rashad, and it's not really that close.

Post #5   2/25/10 9:36:20PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

posted by ocho-cinco

Well Rashad proved he's better then Forrest when he beat him

What fight did you watch bud, Forrest absolutely had his way with Rashad until Rashad caught the leg kick and knocked him out. Does a man who grabs his crotch and blows a kiss in the middle of the fight think he's winning the fight? probably not huh.

Post #6   2/25/10 10:42:20PM   

Aiden08

Learning to Sprawl

Aiden08 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

posted by ocho-cinco

What fight did you watch bud, Forrest absolutely had his way with Rashad until Rashad caught the leg kick and knocked him out. Does a man who grabs his crotch and blows a kiss in the middle of the fight think he's winning the fight? probably not huh.

holy crap i couldn't agree with you more. you took the words right out of my fingers...lol. seriously tho. rashad evans is easier to knock out then "Glass Joe"

the way Matt Serra won the title was such an awesome Cinderella story tho you know. After a so-so UFC career prior to TUF nad then beating the best in the world after winning a show based on has-beens. I thought it really was a modern day ROCKY

Post #7   2/25/10 10:56:41PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
i was never impressed with serra. hes just not that good. its really hard to answer a question like that when none of them are really not that great of fighters. forest likes a good brawl but lacks the KO power and devastating sub and GnP, rashad is cocky when he fights and thats why hes not a real champ, and serra was a fluke. im not trash talking i just think that a champ should be humble, be a devastating fighter in everyaspect, and everyone should know when hes the champ he really is the best fighter in that division.

Post #8   2/25/10 11:12:34PM   

tdietel01

Standup Guy

tdietel01 Avatar

Career:83-44
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
gotta say rashad. its not whos the most likable but who was the best. def. gotta go with rashad since he beat forrest

Post #9   2/26/10 12:06:49AM   

Aiden08

Learning to Sprawl

Aiden08 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tdietel01

gotta say rashad. its not whos the most likable but who was the best. def. gotta go with rashad since he beat forrest

you hava to go with rashad becauese he beat forrest...? not serra because he beat gsp? doesn't make sense to me

Post #10   2/26/10 12:53:03AM   

kaskd

MMA Regular

kaskd Avatar

Career:1,207-662
Chips:
Are we going by accomplishments or skill/ability to compete?

Serra beat a prime GSP. Lucky shot whatever he beat a prime GSP. and then puttered off to lose a lopsided rematch, a decision to an old man and then beat up an old man.

Griffin beat an out of shape killer, and robbed a decision (yeah let's open that can of worms).

Who has Rashad Evans beat that's 'great'? Yeah Chuck, but again it's not the prime chuck, it's the left over chuck.

So if we're going by accomplishments I have to say Serra. But if we're going by who is actually the best, I would pick Rashad. He has the best skill set to keep him competitive in his weight class and continue to pile up wins against top level competition. Griffin and Serra are hard pressed to find big names that they will beat.

Post #11   2/26/10 2:12:07AM   

ocho-cinco

In Full Mount

ocho-cinco Avatar

Career:994-597
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

posted by ocho-cinco

So, by your logic Forrest is a better fighter because he was winning up until he got KO'd? The fact is Rashad won the fight, with a stoppage.... what elce does he need to do to prove he's a better fighter then Forrest? Rashad has a better record 14-1-1, 9-1-1 in the UFC, to Forests 17-6, 7-4 UFC. I like Forrest, I'm always excited to watch his fight, he's a high quality LHW, but I don't see how he can be considered better then Rashad at this point. What am I missing?

Post #12   2/26/10 2:19:55AM   

tdietel01

Standup Guy

tdietel01 Avatar

Career:83-44
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:

Posted by Aiden08

Posted by tdietel01

you hava to go with rashad becauese he beat forrest...? not serra because he beat gsp? doesn't make sense to me

rashad has only lost one UFC fight. he beat forrest and i think would beat him again. ya serra beat GSP but has lost a couple since then including the rematch with GSP. Also rashad has better all around skills i think than either other fighter,

Post #13   2/26/10 1:11:31PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I dont think beating someone makes you a better fighter than them. As they also probably beat someone that you would have no chance at beating, due to the variance present in stylistic match-ups. In this case of Forrest, you can bring up Rampage.

If the question is who is the best champion, i find the most accurate way of answering that is to assess how each fighter would do against All possible contenders within the division and to assess who would be the most successful.

And from my perspective, the only fighters id pick rashad to beat, are the same fighters i would easily pick Forrest to beat as well. Couture & Franklin.

Post #14   2/26/10 1:53:37PM   

Aiden08

Learning to Sprawl

Aiden08 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

I dont think beating someone makes you a better fighter than them. As they also probably beat someone that you would have no chance at beating, due to the variance present in stylistic match-ups. In this case of Forrest, you can bring up Rampage.

If the question is who is the best champion, i find the most accurate way of answering that is to assess how each fighter would do against All possible contenders within the division and to assess who would be the most successful.

And from my perspective, the only fighters id pick rashad to beat, are the same fighters i would easily pick Forrest to beat as well. Couture & Franklin.

and...

Post #15   2/26/10 4:34:10PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2