Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rumors About Fedor Emelianenko Fighting Alistair Overeem Mounting As Strikeforce Does Nothing to Clarify

Print  
Posted By Message

Jride

Standup Guy

Jride Avatar

Career:864-583
Chips:

One report states that Strikeforce will run an event in Nashville, Tennessee on 4/17 with Jake Shields vs. Dan Henderson as the main event, along with Bobby Lashley (and Herschel Walker?) on the fight card. Fedor is not expected to appear at the event.

Henderson vs. Shields should be fine and I don't see how Fedor on the fight card would have been a huge plus. Sure, it would be nice to see him fight Alistair Overeem, but I've always counted on that fight happening in DREAM because of the amount of money that K-1 could put up to make that fight happen. A suggestion perhaps - have the fight happen in Japan on the same day as a Strikeforce CBS event and just air the taped fight on the CBS telecast that same day.

(CONTINUED.....)

Post #1   2/22/10 7:42:24PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Of course it would have to be in Japan and on tape delay. How else could we see Fedor vs Alistair. AO will never fight in the US again!!!NEVER!!!!!

Post #2   2/22/10 10:39:21PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,928-1,103
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
With friends like those in the picture, Fedor doesn't need any enemies.

Post #3   2/22/10 11:41:10PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,442-795
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

With friends like those in the picture, Fedor doesn't need any enemies.

I was thinking the same thing....

Last edited 2/23/10 12:37AM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   2/23/10 12:37:10AM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:

From the Link

Emelianenko's stock has risen over the past few years, with international success, but with Fedor's recent fight contracts looking at around $2.3 million when all is said and done ($300,000 to Fedor, $1mil to M-1 co-promotion, $1mil to Vadim for 'consulting'), this fight could come at a steep price.

THIS THIS THIS, is why fedor wont end up in the UFC, dana will not deal with that bullshit, fedor needs to ditch vadim and M-1, his legacy is going to have a huge blackmark on it if he nevers signs for the UFC, this was the downfall of boxing, dirty money hungry promoters and is the main reason i want the UFC to monopolize MMA,

Last edited 2/23/10 9:01AM server time by king_katool
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   2/23/10 9:00:22AM