Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

THQ VP: There’s Nothing In EA Sports MMA To Entice You To Buy It

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
I am a MMA fan, But will only be buying UFC 2010...

Post #16   2/23/10 9:02:30AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'll buy both.

However...

EA > THQ 9 times out of 10.

Post #17   2/23/10 9:10:18AM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

I'll wait for the reviews and make my decision based off of them.

I will be getting UFC 2010 though.

Post #18   2/23/10 9:22:16AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by Jride

Did THQ forget that Fedor is in the game?

Im spending $60 on the game for that reason alone.

you can easily create a perfect fedor for the ufc game by useing step by step instructions on create a fight forums

yes but its not the real fedor

Post #19   2/23/10 9:29:42AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,509-889
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Fedor is overrated but that doesn't mean he's not the greatest in MMA history till this point. There have always been guys who could beat him a majority of the time they just haven't got the job done. If he's not the greatest fighter, he's the greatest underdog ever.

Post #20   2/23/10 9:38:55AM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
I'll buy EA's game just because this THQ VP is making assumptions for everyone.

Post #21   2/23/10 11:04:24AM   

Pyrenus

MMA Regular

Pyrenus Avatar

Career:430-263
Camp: Team World Class
Chips:
All these little Fedor arguments have been around for years. Too bad, suck it up, he's the #1 HW, #1 P4P in the world right now.

"Oh, but he's afraid of the UFC, he won't come here to fight our guys!"

Well, how many guys are rushing to strikeforce to fight Fedor? Zero. You don't wait for the best to come to you.

Post #22   2/23/10 11:22:28AM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:

Posted by Aiden08
ignorance. Dana White does not want a monopoly on MMA. he has gone on record many times in suppport of other smaller MMA companies. He just can't stand the fact that people actually try to compare Strikeforce to the UFC. And he has every right to. Do you have any idea how much blood, sweat, money, and tears Dana and Zuffa have put into making MMA what it is today? And now bullsh*t companies like Strikeforce and King of the Cage. Try to cash in on the popularity of what Dana and the UFC made possible. Plus EV ERYONE knows that the UFC has the best fighters in the world... and to be the best you have to beat the best... and that goes out to the insanely OVERrated FEDOR!!!

yeah i said it FEDOR IS WAAAAAAAAAY OVERATED!!!

honestly who has Fedor beat?

Big Nog, Heath Herring, Cro Cop, Mark Coleman, Arlovski, Coleman,and Rogers...

WOW thats AMAZING... Pffft! every single one of those guys you can search for on you tube and see them getting destroyed in the UFC so does that mean that Frank Mir is the best ever? Or Cain Velasquez? no it doesn't... but they fight in the best company with the best fighters... saying Fedor is the greatest is like taking an NBA star and putting him against High School players. yeah sure he's gonna win but so what

Looks like Dana finally signed up with mmaplayground .

King of the Cage has been promoting MMA longer then zuffa , so if anything dana is trying to cash in on the popularity of what King of the cage made possible .

I hope for humanity's sake , you're trolling .

Post #23   2/23/10 2:58:04PM   

Jride

Standup Guy

Jride Avatar

Career:864-583
Chips:

Posted by Aiden08

no basically the jist of what i was saying was...

#1 Dana White has a right to be protective and somewhat pissed that all he has worked for is now going towards Strikeforce just because of Fedor

#2 If Fedor was in the UFC and fighting the best then he would be the best, and the only UFC guys he has beaten have also been beaten even worse in the UFC. So basically just because Fedor beat them it means he's the greatest but if some fighter in the UFC beats them it's just normal

#3 Fedor is great but not the greatest. Right now he's an NBA ALL-STAR playing in college not High School lol sorry... (college) meaning SF and Affliction

I smell UFC nuthugger.

Be a fan of MMA, just because so and so isnt is UFC, doesnt mean great fights cant happen.

Post #24   2/23/10 3:21:58PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Aiden08

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Except for all of the talent involved!!!!!??? THQ is just a puppet under the UFC banner now and will say anything its told. Thats the only aspect of the UFC i despise........It ......as a company whole heartedly wants a monopoly on MMA And that will never happen!!

ignorance. Dana White does not want a monopoly on MMA. he has gone on record many times in suppport of other smaller MMA companies. He just can't stand the fact that people actually try to compare Strikeforce to the UFC. And he has every right to. Do you have any idea how much blood, sweat, money, and tears Dana and Zuffa have put into making MMA what it is today? And now bullsh*t companies like Strikeforce and King of the Cage. Try to cash in on the popularity of what Dana and the UFC made possible. Plus EV ERYONE knows that the UFC has the best fighters in the world... and to be the best you have to beat the best... and that goes out to the insanely OVERrated FEDOR!!!

yeah i said it FEDOR IS WAAAAAAAAAY OVERATED!!!

honestly who has Fedor beat?

Big Nog, Heath Herring, Cro Cop, Mark Coleman, Arlovski, Coleman,and Rogers...

WOW thats AMAZING... Pffft! every single one of those guys you can search for on you tube and see them getting destroyed in the UFC so does that mean that Frank Mir is the best ever? Or Cain Velasquez? no it doesn't... but they fight in the best company with the best fighters... saying Fedor is the greatest is like taking an NBA star and putting him against High School players. yeah sure he's gonna win but so what

1. Dana does support smaller orgs,but he does not support promotions that have the potential to rival the UFC,such as Strikeforce. Dana was fine with Strikeforce until they announced the "F"-bomb (Fedor) was one of their own.
I think that alone proves what a man crush Dana has on Fedor.

2. I guess since Dana is allowed to put down rival organizations for starting business then we may as well consider the UFC a copy of Pancrase while were at it?
The bottom line is their is just too much talent for the UFC to keep under their banner alone. Having several promotions help ensures we get to see new and established talent get their due.

3.Unless i'm mistaken,rogers never fought in the UFC. His first loss was to Fedor so I don't think i'll find any youtube video's of him getting deystroyed inside the UFC. But at any rate, the bottom line is that Fedor fights top compettion
What's that? You're objecting that?
Look at Rogers,Nog,Crocop,herring,Arloski,Big Timmy.
They were all top 10 by the consensus of the HW rankings when Fedor fought them!
Even in fighting outside of the UFC Fedor has snagged 3 fights against fighters placed in the top 10. Had Barnett not failed his drug test,that would have been 4 top 10 fights in a row. Despite the UFC having the majorityof top talent Fedor still managed to find 3 top 10 opponents outside of the UFC.
Impressive.

Last edited 2/23/10 4:43PM server time by mrsmiley
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #25   2/23/10 4:41:50PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
HAHA this THQ VP sounds like D. White's Mini-Me...

I am willing to bet that EA's game will be just as good as THQ's, and most likely much better.

Just look at every other boxing game compared to Fight Night, EA revolutionized a control scheme that fit boxing perfectly. If "MMA" has a control scheme even close to the level of "Fight Night" I would buy it over THQ, even if its roster was filled with TUF rejects like Andy Wang and Gabe Ruediger...

Post #26   2/23/10 4:44:45PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,442-795
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Well I will say this much EA is known to rush to release beta software and I'm not expecting anything different from this first release by them. That's not to say THQ is any better but at least THQ hasn't ran great game company's in to the ground. That's not to say I wont buy both games because I will for the fact they are both MMA. Heck I still have 2 Pride games and 2 UFC games for the Playstation. But lets not forget what EA has done to some great company's and games after they took over. I worked for EA for almost one year after leaving the force and can say first hand it is the worst company I have ever worked for or dealt with. Its not about making good games its all about the bottom line. For company's to be truly great there has to happy medium between profit and design.

Now as far as Fedor being overrated I must disagree with that. But I do feel he would be better off fighting in the UFC. The only fight I care to see outside the UFC is Overeem. Which may never happen with the way Overeem seams to be avoiding the US. Some will say Barnett but I really don't care to see that fight now. How many drug test does he have to fail before people start saying enough is enough. So that only leaves one high level fight for Fedor outside the UFC. The HW division in the UFC is the best we have ever seen it and the only thing its really missing is Fedor. I really think if the UFC guys keep fighting each other its only a matter of time before one of them takes the number 1 spot away from Fedor if he isn't in the UFC.

Post #27   2/23/10 5:15:23PM   

Jride

Standup Guy

Jride Avatar

Career:864-583
Chips:

Posted by CwB

Just look at every other boxing game compared to Fight Night, EA revolutionized a control scheme that fit boxing perfectly. If "MMA" has a control scheme even close to the level of "Fight Night" I would buy it over THQ, even if its roster was filled with TUF rejects like Andy Wang and Gabe Ruediger...

Spot on my brotha.

I rather play a game that has great graphics, good controls, realism with shitty fighters rather than have a bad game with top-name fighters.

I personally will be picking up both. I have no idea on why people are picking sides.. More MMA games! Hell yeah. That means competition and THQ and EA will both be putting better quality into their games. And this could only mean a NEW MMA GAME every year. Thatd be awesome.

Post #28   2/23/10 5:16:14PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Jride

Posted by CwB

Spot on my brotha.

I rather play a game that has great graphics, good controls, realism with shitty fighters rather than have a bad game with top-name fighters.

I personally will be picking up both. I have no idea on why people are picking sides.. More MMA games! Hell yeah. That means competition and THQ and EA will both be putting better quality into their games. And this could only mean a NEW MMA GAME every year. Thatd be awesome.

I'll be buying both as well.
I'm a bit more excited for EA's MMA,but I'm happy to play Undisputed 2010 as well.

Post #29   2/23/10 7:10:06PM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Posted by Pyrenus

"Oh, but he's afraid of the UFC, he won't come here to fight our guys!"

Well, how many guys are rushing to strikeforce to fight Fedor? Zero. You don't wait for the best to come to you.

So you're saying that Lesnar, Velasquez, Mir and Carwin should quit UFC and take a massive pay/exposure cut to join Strikeforce so that they can fight Fedor and be called the best by the Internet?

Post #30   2/24/10 1:26:54PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2