Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 116 Possibly July 3, Could Mark Lesnar Return

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
For the Independence Day weekend this year, UFC returns to the mothership-Las Vegas-for what could be another big holiday weekend event. The NSAC has received a request from UFC for a July 3 event date, probably at MGM Grand Garden Arena, and the event could be headlined by the return of UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar. Approval of the date & venue won't come until an upcoming NSAC meeting, but is expected when it does.

Article

Post #1   2/19/10 1:36:40PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I would rather see BROCK Lesnar

not MARK LESNAR LOL

Post #2   2/19/10 1:50:03PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,468-851
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
That would be awesome. I'm going to say it will be Velasquez/Nog winner. I can't see Carwin and Mir getting out of that cage healthy. Velasquez and Nog will be decided in a less violent fashion.

Post #3   2/19/10 1:52:01PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

That would be awesome. I'm going to say it will be Velasquez/Nog winner. I can't see Carwin and Mir getting out of that cage healthy. Velasquez and Nog will be decided in a less violent fashion.

Mir will leave that cage unscathed. Setting up the oh so important rubber match.

Post #4   2/19/10 3:42:30PM   

colman

Learning to Sprawl

colman Avatar

Career:1,036-543
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

I would rather see BROCK Lesnar

not MARK LESNAR LOL

that's all I could think of when I saw Mark capitalized
Brock's brother?

Post #5   2/19/10 3:55:45PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

I couldn't disagree more. I think Nog/Velasquez is gonna be a War. Neither guy will have an easy fight. If Cain wins it will be a hard fought UD and if Nog wins it'll be after taking some punishment.

I think Mir is going to completely out class Shane Carwin and if he doesn't Carwin will knock him out. Either way the winner should be in good shape.

Post #6   2/19/10 3:56:34PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by sbulldavid

I couldn't disagree more. I think Nog/Velasquez is gonna be a War. Neither guy will have an easy fight. If Cain wins it will be a hard fought UD and if Nog wins it'll be after taking some punishment.

I think Mir is going to completely out class Shane Carwin and if he doesn't Carwin will knock him out. Either way the winner should be in good shape.

Post #7   2/19/10 3:57:37PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
sucks i can't go cause of work!!!!!!!
bring on boston
but man another mir vs brock fight again
i hope winner this weekend fights instead

Post #8   2/19/10 7:27:50PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,226-867
Chips:
Carwins only had 1 fight go past 2 minutes. odds are IF he wins he'll be healthy. If we see the Mir that entered the cage against Kongo i think Shane is in for a long night and his first loss. either way i'd rather see the winner of Cain/Nog. Either of those two make for a more interesting fight imo.

Post #9   2/19/10 7:40:50PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Mark Coleman vs. Brock Lesnar????? hahaha jk

Im stoked for Brock to return. I think he has some interesting tests ahead. I think Cain/Nog winner vs. Brock would be outstanding!!!

Post #10   2/20/10 3:14:43AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
After watching the countdown show, I noticed that NOG is making a mistake. It seems that Nog never gave credit to Mir for defeating him by stoppage. I know, he had staff infection. That is another problem, he underestimated Mir's ability by assuming he could beat mir while having a horrible infection (or nog needed the money, which i doubt)
Since he took on the Mir fight sick, he must have thought he would win. When he did'nt he never gave Mir any props. I think Randy did well boxing Nog, with the exception of 2 big punches and a mount, randy could have got the decision imo.
I like Nog a lot, he is very humble, but he is looking past Cain imo. Cain's wrestling is a non stop slam fest. People always look past great wrestlers. Nog does have the best hw bjj, but he takes a long time to get started and setting up moves. Since Cain dont lay n prey, and has a really fast pace, and since its a 3 round fight, I expect cain to win and fight Lesnar. If anyone can take Lesnar down, its Cain.

Post #11   2/20/10 9:53:36AM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Nog does have the best hw bjj, but he takes a long time to get started and setting up moves.

Nog is automatic with his submissions, due to the years and years of repitition. They dont take time to set up. Watch some of his Pride fights and you'll see how fast his subs come...Now he is doing serious conditioning, his submission attempts should come very quick.

Post #12   2/20/10 2:53:20PM