Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Longtime veteran Dennis Hallman back to lightweight after nine years as welterweight

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Five-time UFC veteran Dennis "Superman" Hallman (41-13-2 MMA, 1-4 UFC) will return to the lightweight division for the first time in nine years and plans to fight in late spring or early summer.

The 13-year mixed martial arts veteran said he made the decision after John Howard pulled off a come-from-behind victory in a welterweight contest at "The Ultimate Fighter 10" finale this past December.

"I just got into phenomenal shape and I can't keep on weight," Hallman on Wednesday told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I was weighing 167 pounds (before the fight) and I was literally drinking water while I was waiting to weigh-in for John Howard.

The last time the two-time Matt Hughes victor fought at lightweight was September 2001 when he contended for the first UFC lightweight title against Jens Pulver.

LINK

Post #1   2/18/10 10:30:58AM