Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tim Sylvia: I can't fight Wes Sims at Adrenaline MMA because the commission said 'he sucks'

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
Silvia should ask himself why he is now getting matched up with the likes of Sims in the first place before he starts to slate him.

Post #16   2/17/10 7:11:40PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I find it ridiculous how fickle most MMA fans are.

Who has Sylvia lost to? Fedor? Couture? Nog after putting a savage beating on him? The only loss that is even questionable is the loss to Mercer, a former world and olympic champ boxer who landed a clean shot. Anyone would go to sleep.

All of a sudden he's worse than Wes Sims? Give me a break. I never liked Sylvia any more than the rest of you, but give credit were it is due. This guy has ONLY lost to world champions in his entire career. Wes sims is no champion, Sylvia would still beat him handily, and could absolutely compete in the UFC even if it's not for the belt.

He got cut because he was boring, not because he was bad.

I completely agree with you here. Sylvia was world champion only a few short years ago, and a dominant fighter at that. I will say that he actually wasn't cut, he quit the UFC based on what probably amounted to a downgrade in salary when he was up for a contract renewal.

Post #17   2/17/10 11:19:26PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by MMA_Alex

Posted by sbulldavid

Tim seriously needs to be back in the UFC , as does Arlovski , I don't think they are contenders anymore but they are a good test and would bring some star power to the lame Heavyweight division.

Really?

Lesnar
Dos Santos
Carwin
Mir
Big Nog
Velasquez
Gonzaga
And, to a lesser extent: Kongo, Couture, Cro Cop, Duffee (potentially)

Tim is definitely not UFC caliber right now. Arlovski has lost in bad fashion lately.

There's really only a few people that are outside of the UFC that could pose a threat to the contenders: Fedor, Overeem (once he stops fighting cans), Barnett (once he stops doing roids), maybe Rogers, maybe Lashlee

How has Arlovski lost in bad fashion? He was flash KO'ed twice against two very powerful opponents. Arlovski I am willing to bet could take out most of the top 10 right now including Brett Rogers in dominant fashion in a re-match.

Post #18   2/17/10 11:21:43PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Who has Sylvia lost to? Fedor? Couture? Nog after putting a savage beating on him? The only loss that is even questionable is the loss to Mercer, a former world and olympic champ boxer who landed a clean shot. Anyone would go to sleep.

All of a sudden he's worse than Wes Sims? Give me a break. I never liked Sylvia any more than the rest of you, but give credit were it is due. This guy has ONLY lost to world champions in his entire career. Wes sims is no champion, Sylvia would still beat him handily, and could absolutely compete in the UFC even if it's not for the belt.

QFT!

Also tim asked to be released .

Post #19   2/17/10 11:51:58PM   

bosanceros

MMA Regular

bosanceros Avatar

Career:588-301
Chips:
this is extactly why people slam timmy cause as soon as he gets a chance to slam someone else he does it....i dont feel sorry for this guy at all,,,,yea sims is not a good fighter so y u wanna fight him timmy... cause ur no good either

Post #20   2/17/10 11:54:33PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I agree 100 percent. I don't lik Sylvia because he's boring, and his demeanro. But he's still a damn good fighter.

Post #21   2/20/10 2:39:46AM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
As long as Kimbo is in the UFC heavyweight division no one can argue that Sylvia doesn't belong there based on skill.

Post #22   2/20/10 12:06:14PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2