Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Joachim Hansen to Bellator?

Print  
Posted By Message

mmapunch

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
I was look through the rumor page, and saw this. Apparently Hansen is in talks with Bellator, and might have already signed.

How cool would it be to see Alvarez/Hansen II be for the Bellator title?

Post #1   2/16/10 6:32:56PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
I know that Bellator has the bulk of their talent signed and locked down for the upcoming tourney. They are simply releasing names slowly to build the anticipation as the season draws near. (btw- it's working too. I'm completely stoked for this tourney to get started!)

I wouldn't at all be suprised in Hanson was one of the last names released as a big star leading into the shows. I'm still holding out hope that Roger Huerta is one of those names too. Though I doubt that's the case, a secret like that would be awful hard to keep.

Post #2   2/16/10 8:09:46PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Definitely would be badass. Why let Eddie sit out every show this season waiting for the winner of this tournament while Bellator finally hits national TV? Exposure from another classic between these 2 would do wonders for both fighters, o bellator, and the sport IMO. Make it happen!

Post #3   2/16/10 9:00:11PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
None of the champions are sitting out until the finals. They've all got "super fights" which if I'm not mistaken will be catchweight fights where the belts won't be on the line. Eddie Alverez is already announced to be facing Josh Neer.

So it's not like the champs are sitting on their hands until the end of the tourney. They'll see some action.

Last edited 2/16/10 10:03PM server time by bojangalz
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   2/16/10 10:01:39PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Hansen v. Huerta might just be a better match-up than Alvarez v. Neer

Post #5   2/17/10 4:35:41PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

None of the champions are sitting out until the finals. They've all got "super fights" which if I'm not mistaken will be catchweight fights where the belts won't be on the line. Eddie Alverez is already announced to be facing Josh Neer.

So it's not like the champs are sitting on their hands until the end of the tourney. They'll see some action.

And they have some flexibility to fight outside the promotion.

Post #6   2/17/10 5:25:51PM   

wolunt

Learning to Sprawl

wolunt Avatar

Career:8-1
Chips:

Posted by mmapunch

I was look through the rumor page, and saw this. Apparently Hansen is in talks with Bellator, and might have already signed.

At least Eddie would have one guy worthy of fighting. I think it's a joke that Eddie is there, just nobody to fight. Now him and Hansen can fight once a year if this rumor is true ;)

Post #7   2/22/10 11:42:05PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by wolunt

Posted by mmapunch

At least Eddie would have one guy worthy of fighting. I think it's a joke that Eddie is there, just nobody to fight. Now him and Hansen can fight once a year if this rumor is true ;)

Whaaat? The guys he fought to get the title were surprisingly good! Did you watch the tourney? It was awesome.

Post #8   3/14/10 1:45:57PM