Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Demian vs. Anderson: “I still can’t believe it”

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,336-1,398
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
“I still don’t know where I’ll train, but I’ll go train Boxing with (Luis Carlos) Dorea for sure. My physical preparation wlll be with (Rafael) Alejarra”, Demian revealed, confirmed the training with the Nogueira brothers Boxing coach and Wanderlei Silva’s ex physical trainer.

Link

Post #1   2/13/10 11:58:01AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think it's Dan Henderson who should be saying "I can't believe it!"

Post #2   2/13/10 3:17:36PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Good job Dana, cut the one guy who was acctually ready and deserving of this shot.

Post #3   2/13/10 4:58:49PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Good job Dana, cut the one guy who was acctually ready and deserving of this shot.

Let's be accurate here. Dana did not cut him. His contract was up, and terms for a new one could not be agreed upon.

Post #4   2/13/10 5:09:58PM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

I thought it was his choice to leave because he didn't like the contract offer

Post #5   2/13/10 5:10:20PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by karn501

Posted by cmill21

Yeah, basically. Dana offered him a contract. He didn't like it, so he made a counter offer, and Dana didn't like that, and terms were never agreed upon.

At least that's the way the story goes. Only the people in that room know what really happened.

Last edited 2/13/10 5:14PM server time by RyanC
Edit note/reason: grammar

Post #6   2/13/10 5:14:31PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
think of it this way after maia u still have sonneen and belfort for title shots

Post #7   2/13/10 7:04:35PM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:
I've heard a lot of people say this is an opening for sonnen to fight belfort but I really don't think they should if they don't they have two more title fights lined up for silva if they do than there is one and not rreally anyone would deserve a shot after that I say after maia give vitor a shot then sonnen

Post #8   2/13/10 7:21:40PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RyanC

Posted by karn501

Posted by cmill21

Yeah, basically. Dana offered him a contract. He didn't like it, so he made a counter offer, and Dana didn't like that, and terms were never agreed upon.

At least that's the way the story goes. Only the people in that room know what really happened.

Yeah, but in all honesty he cut Dan. He said no to a contract without countering it again. The negotiation was a take it or leave it...

Post #9   2/14/10 1:12:45AM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:

Posted by RyanC

Posted by karn501

Posted by cmill21

Dan was promised a title shot, not given it, then when it looked like he wasn't getting it he probably got a small enough contract offer to make him go to Strikeforce. It's about time someone stood up to Dana and left.

Post #10   2/14/10 1:49:00AM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by RyanC

Posted by karn501

Posted by cmill21

Yeah, but in all honesty he cut Dan. He said no to a contract without countering it again. The negotiation was a take it or leave it...

Once again he DID NOT cut Hendo. Hendo walked. His contract had expired. There is a big difference. The UFC/Dana White being unwilling to meet Hendo's demands is not the same as getting cut. I'm sorry, but it's just not. It was Hendo's decision to leave. Dana didn't force him to. You may percieve it to be all Dana's fault that Hendo is gone, but Hendo could have taken the contract but chose not to. There is nothing wrong with that, but I'm tired of hearing people blame the UFC that Dan is gone. By all accounts the contract they offered him was more than fair. It's business, and if they did not feel it was good business to give Hendo what he was asking for then they are well within their rights to do so.

Post #11   2/14/10 8:30:33AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
Lol, you don't remember the story that well do you? Dan was trying to negotiate, Dana said no the offer you had isn't on the table anymore, go to Strikeforce...Sounds like he more or less cut Dan considering he had no option to go back to the UFC.

Post #12   2/14/10 8:51:56PM   

soundboy1

Standup Guy

soundboy1 Avatar

Career:521-395
Chips:
Just another prime example of Dana mismanaging the UFC. To allow the ONLY legit contender at 185 to leave is just DW at his best. The UFC had so much potential and IMO the whole thing is going downhill... I'm sure Dan wanted a lot of money. SO!!! Zuffa can afford to pay their fighters. As a matter of fact they can't afford to not pay them! I would love to see Strikeforce become the dominant promotion. They seem to want to give the fans what they want....UFC gives us tito chuck 3....and SiIva vs. Maia. Bleh.

Post #13   2/14/10 8:53:36PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Lol, you don't remember the story that well do you? Dan was trying to negotiate, Dana said no the offer you had isn't on the table anymore, go to Strikeforce...Sounds like he more or less cut Dan considering he had no option to go back to the UFC.

Laugh all you want, but you are making it up as you go along. See for yourself.

link

I'm going off of published reports. I said it before, but if you weren't in the room as neither of us were you can't know what REALLY went on, but the published reports do not support your account of events.

It's all water under the bridge anyway, but I like to get my facts straight.

Post #14   2/14/10 8:57:20PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by soundboy1

Just another prime example of Dana mismanaging the UFC. To allow the ONLY legit contender at 185 to leave is just DW at his best. The UFC had so much potential and IMO the whole thing is going downhill... I'm sure Dan wanted a lot of money. SO!!! Zuffa can afford to pay their fighters. As a matter of fact they can't afford to not pay them! I would love to see Strikeforce become the dominant promotion. They seem to want to give the fans what they want....UFC gives us tito chuck 3....and SiIva vs. Maia. Bleh.

Dana mismanaged the UFC right into a company that can afford to pay it's fighters whatever they ask for even though it's not in line with what all the other fighters are making, but it's going downhill. Do I have that right?

If you don't like the UFC stop watching and quit complaining.

Post #15   2/14/10 9:02:17PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2