Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

I watched Sunshine lastnight

Print  
Posted By Message

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
went cinema with the girlfriend, managed to drag her into Sunshine, I was lclose to seeing the Premonition, believe. Now I wish I had, other than the visuals, what a aload of ball bag.

Very dissapointed, thought the film was a complete mess, anyone else seen it? Comments?

Post #1   4/13/07 8:19:42AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
After the seeing trailer I knew it was just gonna be another "Nukes in space" film, and looked just like Armageddon.

I wont ever see it. They even used a fantastic piece of music (Requiem for a Dream) to advertise their shitty film

Post #2   4/13/07 9:43:04AM   

We_Todd_Did

Standup Guy

We_Todd_Did Avatar

Career:205-129
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

After the seeing trailer I knew it was just gonna be another "Nukes in space" film, and looked just like Armageddon.

I wont ever see it. They even used a fantastic piece of music (Requiem for a Dream) to advertise their shitty film

Am I the only one that notices that song to be the most overused piece of music in recent history?It's on damn near everyone's highlight vids on youtube, its in at least half a dozen movies I can think of off the top of my head (and I don't even watch many movies!), and at this point it seems to do nothing but cheapens a movie's credibility by using it in the trailer.

Post #3   4/13/07 5:34:32PM   

Zvonimir

MMA Regular

Zvonimir Avatar

Career:279-164
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I agree Lux Aeterna is WAY OVERUSED, but I must say the Crocop "Epic" HL by Surfrider, is my favorite use of it other than in the OG movie.

Post #4   4/13/07 5:58:15PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
I liked it even though I didn't understand a whole lot of the ending ..

I just liked the atmosphere and the excitement. If I would've broken it down like a critic would do I would find millions of things to complain about but simple entertainment value won me over.

It was flashy, exciting and had a great, fitting soundtrack (despite being "overused"). Just what I needed that particular day.

Post #5   4/23/07 9:12:24PM