Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

History Proves Quality Performances Are Essential to Title Aspirations

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,385-1,434
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
While the "what have you done for me lately" ideology that the UFC seems to be using to justify the title match-ups is evident, there are plenty of other factors. That concept also includes how impressive you've been in your performances, your drawing power, and the ability to produce hype around fights. Jon Fitch hasn't shown any of those attributes in his performances, and some would say he's putting himself into a problematic situation of being the next Yushin Okami.

Link

Post #1   2/11/10 2:52:32PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I hope it is not fighter bashing to say I completely agree with this article. Fitch should try to finish with punches and elbows. His black belt ability has never been evident to me, he hugs his opponents back hoping to get a choke, but when he doesnt, its very boring to watch.

however Okami never got a shot at the title in UFC, fitch had a chance, but doesnt deserve a rematch just yet. Okami has good boxing, and should not be prevented from getting a title shot for being boring, atleast since he never got a shot yet. fitch's style is okami without subs and standup imo.
fitch and okami should fight, id pick okami.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #2   2/11/10 3:15:30PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,385-1,434
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
agreed..fitch had his chance and got walked and so did his partner kos..i don't wanna see kos/fitch in a match with gsp again..cause this time around it'll probably look worst..that's why i was sayin who else is there to face gsp for the title,no one else deserves it..and nobody comes to mind..can anyone on here name one person who deserves it more..the only argument people been makin is hardy doesn't deserve it..but they don't name one person who should take hardy's place...

Post #3   2/11/10 3:22:19PM