Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Vera Still Mad About Couture Decision

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,304-1,378
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
"Hell no, (expletive) that decision man," Vera said. "I'm still mad about that decision." When the scorecards were read, Couture got the nod on a unanimous decision from the judges, but many felt that Vera's ability to land damage whenever the two did engage was enough for the win.

Link

Post #1   2/11/10 2:47:15PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,296-1,230
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I kind of agree with Vera, I'm pretty sure I picked Randy to win, but if my memory serves me correctly he wasn't able to take Vera down once and if he did, Vera popped right back up. I'm going to have to watch that fight again, but I remember after it was over I had a feeling Vera would lose the decision b/c Randy is a fan favorite. Vera hurt Randy standing with those body kicks...I really don't know how judges score fights anymore, it's pretty scary.

Post #2   2/11/10 2:49:50PM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Imo, Octagon control really needs to get looked at differently. I had Vera winning the fight 29-28.

Post #3   2/11/10 3:09:44PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
Vera at best deserved a draw. Randy was beating the hell out of him in round 3 and in round one Vera did nothing.

Post #4   2/11/10 3:19:51PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Vera won that fight on my scorecards, too. Not that it means anything, lol.

He definitely neutralized Randy's clinch and won the striking game. Plus he got himself a takedown I believe in the 3rd round.

Post #5   2/11/10 5:10:40PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Vera needs to foget that fight and focus on his next one. Or he might end up worse than just on the end of a dec. loss. He could and probably will end up sucking dust off the bud light logo. Jones is coming to take him out without a doubt.

Post #6   2/11/10 5:46:49PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,481-868
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Vera absolutely Won that fight. He hit randy with some shots in RND 1 but Randy controlled most of the round via hugging. Fine. Second Round Vera hit him with some big shots and even dropped him. Obviously Vera's round. Round 3 More Huggin From Randy, but Vera did land some shots and even took Randy down and mounted him. That positional dominance was more than anything Randy did.

Vera got robbed by uneducated judges.

Post #7   2/11/10 6:06:16PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Vera absolutely Won that fight. He hit randy with some shots in RND 1 but Randy controlled most of the round via hugging. Fine. Second Round Vera hit him with some big shots and even dropped him. Obviously Vera's round. Round 3 More Huggin From Randy, but Vera did land some shots and even took Randy down and mounted him. That positional dominance was more than anything Randy did.

A very insignificant positional advantage cancels out all the uppercuts that Randy fed him?

Post #8   2/11/10 6:20:53PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by bjj1605

A very insignificant positional advantage cancels out all the uppercuts that Randy fed him?

i've watched that fight so many times now...i swear...folks are oblivious to all the shots randy was landing. Yes vera landed the bigger shots but how do a few power shots out weigh the 12 minutes of the fight randy controlled. Randy was landing non-stop in the clinch. Is it one power shot to every 20 landed in the clinch?

I agree it was close but I would have been shocked if it was given to Brandon.

we all have our opinions and there are folks i respect very much that believe brandon got robbed and there are folks i respect that saw it as a clear victory for randy....

at the end of the day it doesn't matter what we think.....Randy got the decision.

Post #9   2/11/10 7:42:16PM