Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampage On Rashad: "he got no chin. A big mouth, but no chin"

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson says time off from fighting in the Octagon will not be a factor when he finally steps in the cage to face his rival Rashad Evans in a light-heavyweight battle that has been brewing since an in-cage face-off at UFC 96 following Jackson’s win over Keith Jardine.

Link

Post #1   2/10/10 4:12:54PM   

Fish_Hook

Learning to Sprawl

Career:52-34
Chips:
I meeeaaan, Rashad ain't gotta chin like jay leno but its not bad. Machida hit him clean like 15 times before he went out. Thiago sorta rocked him but he hits harder than most ppl. Rashad will win this fight. Speed>power

Post #2   2/10/10 5:26:46PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,667-904
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Fish_Hook

I meeeaaan, Rashad ain't gotta chin like jay leno but its not bad. Machida hit him clean like 15 times before he went out. Thiago sorta rocked him but he hits harder than most ppl. Rashad will win this fight. Speed>power

Power results in knockouts.

I am excited to see this fight. I think Quinton Jackson's motivation and Greg Jackson's fight IQ are the most interesting aspects of the fight itself.

Post #3   2/10/10 5:44:20PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I would never question greg jackson's strategies, they work 99% of the time. however, it was obvious that Rashad had the wrong strategy against Machida. He should have wrestled him like he did thiago, or atleast try.

I hope Jackson tells Rashad to use leg kicks and takedowns, punch by stick and move and Rashad would win. I dont think Rashad should only stand with him, especially without the kicks

Post #4   2/10/10 6:42:19PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Well, Rashad may not have a chin like you, Rampage (and I'm sure it won't hold up if you hit real good one time), but he seems to be able to take a decent shot to the face.

With that said, I think you will KO him 'Page....if Thiago almost did it then I know you can.

Post #5   2/10/10 6:55:00PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Chips:

Posted by State_Champ

Well, Rashad may not have a chin like you, Rampage (and I'm sure it won't hold up if you hit real good one time), but he seems to be able to take a decent shot to the face.

With that said, I think you will KO him 'Page....if Thiago almost did it then I know you can.

agreed with the KO of rashard..i'm one of rampage's street solders..lol...

Post #6   2/10/10 7:39:51PM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:

Posted by Fish_Hook

wow really rashad over rampage why??? he screwed up in the silva fight and got rocked if rampage hits him it is over I can't think of one thing that would make me think rashad is going to win this

Post #7   2/10/10 7:57:33PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
Rashad has gotten better in his wrestling lately but his takedowns aren't that great at all, I think he has something around 60-70% effectiveness with them. Jackson's wrestling is severely underrated these days and don't be shocked if he slams Rashad like he said he might do on TUF. Rashad can ill afford to stand with Jackson or he will be put to sleep again and that's exactly what will probably happen. With Rampage's power one clean hook or cross is all he needs with most if not all of that division anyway. Rashad doesn't have the tools Forrest has, like kicks, a deep gas tank and his chin is better than Rashad's.

Post #8   2/10/10 8:01:44PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Fish_Hook

Speed>power

Want to bet $60,000? lol

In my opinion the fight is more like this

Speed/Mobility/Reach<Power/Timing/Accuracy

Rashad has alot of holes in his defense, and a terrible, terrible jab. I dont see how he can win this fight.

Post #9   2/10/10 8:06:13PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,509-1,360
Chips:
I agree with Rampage and think he is going to knock Rashad's ass out.

The only thing that Rashad presents in this fight is his better wrestling credentials and even there he isn't that much better than Rampage where it's going to make a difference. Rampage is bigger and stronger than Rashad.

The only thing Rampage has to worry about in this fight IMO, is ring rust. If he's training and training hard, focused on Rashad, I see him having no problem putting Rashad to sleep in the 2nd round after they feel each other out.

Post #10   2/10/10 10:39:20PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
i agree, rampage has been out of the ring for a while and at his age and experience, once a fighter like that gets out of fighting shape it seems like they have a real hard time getting back to it. maybe im wrong but he better be seriously training for this one cause somebody's gonna eat their own words in this fight and if he aint 100% ready it WILL be him

Post #11   2/11/10 12:42:16AM   

LotusLoo

Learning to Sprawl

LotusLoo Avatar

Career:207-142
Chips:
I'm surprised so many people are picking Rampage over Rashad. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of either fighter, but I think Rashad will overtake Rampage. Granted Rampage has been in the sport longer, I think that Rashad is continually improving (note his recent black belt in BJJ). I feel like I've seen more advancements from Rashad over the past 3 years than from Rampage...

Not to mention, I think passion for the sport says a lot when fighters step into the cage... and leaving an mma career due to "maltreatment" and to pursue the A-Team movie speaks volumes about priorities for Rampage.
and... they both got big mouths!!

Post #12   2/11/10 1:24:06AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by Fish_Hook

Speed>power

Technique with power > speed. Rampage has great technique and throw's mean counters. If Rashad stands with Rampage it's only a matter of time, he will get caught IMO and it will be brutal. And Rampage actually has wrestling and is stronger then Rashad so Rashad won't be able to take him down at will and win a decision especially since Kevin Randleman couldn't. He'lll stuff em and knee him right in the face just like he did Kevin who's a bigger better wrestler then Rashad.

Rampage is gonna kill em haha Cant wait

Post #13   2/11/10 2:32:32AM   

king_katool

MMA Sensei

king_katool Avatar

Career:325-231
Chips:
This is my post warning all that im am soooo rubbing this is every1's face when rashad beats page, any regularly active poster who wants to AV bet ill be waiting

Post #14   2/11/10 4:08:47AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
My man! I'm down!!!

Post #15   2/11/10 4:34:49AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2