Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Liddell Now Represents Step Down, Vera Says

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,304-1,378
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The 40-year-old Liddell, projected to face arch nemesis Tito Ortiz for a third time at UFC 115 in June, has lost four of his last five fights. When asked on Friday whether or not “The Iceman” now represents a step down in competition, Vera answered bluntly during a Q&A session at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.

Link

Post #1   2/10/10 1:58:10PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Brave statement coming from a guy whose only recent wins haven't been against stella competition.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   2/10/10 2:39:00PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,481-868
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Brave statement coming from a guy whose only recent wins haven't been against stella competition.

Except for his win against Couture.... oh wait. They claim he lost that fight right?

Post #3   2/10/10 3:14:37PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
We'll see how Chuck looks soon enough.

Re: Brandon
it seems like he's been so much more conservative since his lost to Sylvia. This looks like a good match up. If Bones wins he should get Randy next. It would get bones some serious attention and it would show us where Randy is really at. If he can beat a well rounded up and comer with impressive greco i think he'd be shocking the world... again...

I do see Jones as a future champ. he's fun to watch too.

Post #4   2/10/10 3:20:07PM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:518-379
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
Liddell is a step down for top 5 guys...for instance Shogun, Rampage, Rashad...I realize those are only three names, but those of you who know what you are talking about realize that those are the guys who beat Chuck like he stole something. Vera has great leg kicks and a good Thai clinch but he doesn't exactly have great hands...which is apparently what has become Liddell's biggest weekness (Rashad, Rampage, and Shogun all beat him by ko/tko). Vera should stick to the job at hand Jones will murder him. If he thought Couture was tenacious with pushing him into the cage he will crumble under the pressure Jones puts on him.

Post #5   2/10/10 3:32:19PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,336-780
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
This fight with Jones is going to tell the truth about the LHW's. I've been down on Randy but if Vera comes out and dominates Jones , then maybe Vera still is a high caliber fighter and maybe Nog and Randy are still dominant fighters.

Post #6   2/10/10 4:42:15PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by MaxOne

it seems like he's been so much more conservative since his lost to Sylvia. This looks like a good match up. If Bones wins he should get Randy next. It would get bones some serious attention and it would show us where Randy is really at. If he can beat a well rounded up and comer with impressive greco i think he'd be shocking the world... again...

HOWEVER...i saw vera as a future champ too and he's not quite lived up to the expectations.

Post #7   2/10/10 4:49:46PM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by MaxOne

HOWEVER...i saw vera as a future champ too and he's not quite lived up to the expectations.

I think every one thought vera would hold a title until he decided to hold back in his fights

Post #8   2/10/10 8:05:00PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Liddell may be a step down for the top of the heap at LHW, but so is Vera. Liddell would not be a step down for Vera. Vera hasn't defeated anybody in the division to talk like he's a big dog on the block. Chucks only lost to the top ranked guys in the division, besides maybe Jardine depending on where you have him. Then again, Vera lost to him also.

If Chuck gets past Tito, I'd like to see a Liddell/Vera match up.

Last edited 2/10/10 10:23PM server time by gspfan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   2/10/10 10:20:07PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Wow Vera, why don't you actually take a step up before you talk sh*t about an established hall of famer when you haven't even established yourself. Every big chance Vera has gotten, he's choked.

Jones is going to KHTFO and I can't wait.

Post #10   2/11/10 2:20:53AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by SmileR

Except for his win against Couture.... oh wait. They claim he lost that fight right?

well that's because he did lose.

Post #11   2/11/10 12:51:50PM