Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fitch Doesn't Think Hardy Deserves Title Shot

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,496-1,495
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
“Taking nothing away from Dan Hardy. He’s a great, young prospect,” said the 31-year-old Fitch. “He’s got a bright future ahead of him, but there are guys that have put in more work than him. That’s my opinion. I don’t run the show.”

Link

p.s. these AKA members need to stop b*tchin bout Dan Hardy..GSP whipped you guys like lil boys..boo hoo..Fitch stop start worryin bout Alves not Hardy..cause Alves is gonna put the hurt on Fitch...

Post #1   2/10/10 11:40:09AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

p.s. these AKA members need to stop b*tchin bout Dan Hardy..GSP whipped you guys like lil boys..boo hoo..Fitch stop start worryin bout Alves not Hardy..cause Alves is gonna put the hurt on Fitch...

I'm sure he was asked for his thoughts. I doubt he was openly complaining.

Post #2   2/10/10 11:51:19AM   

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
I love GSP, But IMO Dan Hardy poses a BIG threat to him.

Post #3   2/10/10 11:54:03AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Chips:
yeah..but i'm just tried of listenin to these AKA guys cryin bout Hardy gettin a title shot..there's no one else that should get a title shot..Fitch got destroyed by GSP..and Kos is on and off and lost to GSP in their match...

Post #4   2/10/10 11:59:22AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

yeah..but i'm just tried of listenin to these AKA guys cryin bout Hardy gettin a title shot..there's no one else that should get a title shot..Fitch got destroyed by GSP..and Kos is on and off and lost to GSP in their match...

Fitch was asked about his thoughts during the interview and has a point, Hardy had done nothing to warrant a title shot in my and many others opinion. The guys at AKA, Black house and even HIT squad have every right to complain when a guy with two actual wins and two gifts of decisions is fighting for a title.
Fitch was classy about it though and hasn't resorted to the school yard tactics of Kos.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #5   2/10/10 1:00:09PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Chips:
who else deserves the title shot than?..you can't say Kos,Swick,Fitch..Paulo had he's match with Swick so he's out of the picture..there's no one else...

Post #6   2/10/10 1:06:10PM   

The_Metal_Maniac

You Can't Andle My Riddum!

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Career:1,961-1,046
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
You can't get upset at Fitch for answering a question. That being said, anyone can make the case that Fitch is the number one contender. Since his loss to GSP he's undefeated. None of the wins were ended in a flashy manner, nor were any against the primary upper echelon of fighters, but undefeated is undefeated. If Fitch makes it throguh against Alves which I and the betting world believe he will, then he's without question the number one contender. In which case he will get another crack at GSP. The only way GSP loses to Hardy is if he takes the fight lightly like the first Serra fight.GSP is three times better in every aspect of the fight game when compared to Hardy. Did I mention my two favorite fighters are GSP and Fitch? LOL

Post #7   2/10/10 3:39:23PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,595-1,399
Chips:
Fitch may be right, he may not be...regardless, they need new opponents for GSP to fight or else we're just going to see GSP vs. Alves 2, Fitch 2 or Kos 2......

Fitch beats Hardy though, I'd put a good amount of $$ on that one.

Post #8   2/10/10 11:03:14PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
GSP does need a new challenger, i dont think that challenger is hardy cause i dont see hardy as a big challenge. i see GSP whoopin hardy. thats fine for me, cant stand loud mouth fighters like hardy

Post #9   2/11/10 12:31:19AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I would say, Dan definitely had an easier road than most to the title. That Dan is considered the number one contender speaks more about the lack of talent in the division. It's been a long time since a 170lb prospect started making some waves.

Post #10   2/11/10 9:18:56AM