Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Middle East could be focus of first international edition of "The Ultimate Fighter"

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,489-1,490
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
After recently confirming the possibility of the first-ever international edition of the Ultimate Fighting Championship's reality series "The Ultimate Fighter," UFC president Dana White said he now has a likely location in mind: the Middle East.

Link

Post #1   2/8/10 2:17:18PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,755-1,746
Chips:
If Renzo beats Hughes I gaurentee he will be one of the coaches, who knows who the other would be though.....they will need some interpretuers for this one. I like the idea though, it could bring in a wealth of unknown talent to swell the weight classes! More match ups the better IMO.

Post #2   2/8/10 7:57:20PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

If Renzo beats Hughes I gaurentee he will be one of the coaches, who knows who the other would be though.....they will need some interpretuers for this one. I like the idea though, it could bring in a wealth of unknown talent to swell the weight classes! More match ups the better IMO.

That's a bold "gaurentee". What makes you think that?

***Hughes excited for "Midwest" TUF. ***

Post #3   2/8/10 8:13:52PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,755-1,746
Chips:
The fact that Renzo used to and probably still does train the Prince of the country he is fighting in, the same country that just bought a share in Zuffa. What country is it again...Dubai?
I digress....he obviously has good PR skills with people of foreign (to the US) origins, he is a well established MMA/BJJ trainer who owns his own school. The fact that I said IF he beats Hughes, who is a previous TUF Coach. If I were a betting man (which I am) and Renzo did in fact beat Hughes, and TUF is recorded/set in the middle east with fighters from the region.....he would be the obvious pick.

Post #4   2/9/10 12:13:12AM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

The fact that Renzo used to and probably still does train the Prince of the country he is fighting in, the same country that just bought a share in Zuffa. What country is it again...Dubai?

United Arab Emirates.

Post #5   2/9/10 12:20:06AM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

I digress....he obviously has good PR skills with people of foreign (to the US) origins, he is a well established MMA/BJJ trainer who owns his own school. The fact that I said IF he beats Hughes, who is a previous TUF Coach. If I were a betting man (which I am) and Renzo did in fact beat Hughes, and TUF is recorded/set in the middle east with fighters from the region.....he would be the obvious pick.

Post #6   2/9/10 11:49:45AM