Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Middle East could be focus of first international edition of "The Ultimate Fighter"

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,336-1,398
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
After recently confirming the possibility of the first-ever international edition of the Ultimate Fighting Championship's reality series "The Ultimate Fighter," UFC president Dana White said he now has a likely location in mind: the Middle East.

Link

Post #1   2/8/10 2:17:18PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Chips:
If Renzo beats Hughes I gaurentee he will be one of the coaches, who knows who the other would be though.....they will need some interpretuers for this one. I like the idea though, it could bring in a wealth of unknown talent to swell the weight classes! More match ups the better IMO.

Post #2   2/8/10 7:57:20PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

If Renzo beats Hughes I gaurentee he will be one of the coaches, who knows who the other would be though.....they will need some interpretuers for this one. I like the idea though, it could bring in a wealth of unknown talent to swell the weight classes! More match ups the better IMO.

That's a bold "gaurentee". What makes you think that?

***Hughes excited for "Midwest" TUF. ***

Post #3   2/8/10 8:13:52PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Chips:
The fact that Renzo used to and probably still does train the Prince of the country he is fighting in, the same country that just bought a share in Zuffa. What country is it again...Dubai?
I digress....he obviously has good PR skills with people of foreign (to the US) origins, he is a well established MMA/BJJ trainer who owns his own school. The fact that I said IF he beats Hughes, who is a previous TUF Coach. If I were a betting man (which I am) and Renzo did in fact beat Hughes, and TUF is recorded/set in the middle east with fighters from the region.....he would be the obvious pick.

Post #4   2/9/10 12:13:12AM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

The fact that Renzo used to and probably still does train the Prince of the country he is fighting in, the same country that just bought a share in Zuffa. What country is it again...Dubai?

United Arab Emirates.

Post #5   2/9/10 12:20:06AM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

I digress....he obviously has good PR skills with people of foreign (to the US) origins, he is a well established MMA/BJJ trainer who owns his own school. The fact that I said IF he beats Hughes, who is a previous TUF Coach. If I were a betting man (which I am) and Renzo did in fact beat Hughes, and TUF is recorded/set in the middle east with fighters from the region.....he would be the obvious pick.

Post #6   2/9/10 11:49:45AM