Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White: "I think tonight was probably Coleman's last fight in the UFC"

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,320-1,389
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
LAS VEGAS – "The Godfather of Ground and Pound" may have stepped into the octagon for his final time.Following Mark Coleman's second-round loss to fellow UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture in the main event of Saturday night's UFC 109 event, UFC president Dana White told a small group of reporters that "The Hammer" was likely done fighting for the organization."I think tonight was probably Coleman's last fight in the UFC," White said.

Link

Post #1   2/7/10 10:35:12AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,155-1,264
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
I think Dana should keep him around for a Coleman vs Tito loser leaves fight after Chuck beats Tito. Theres big money in this fight, much bigger then normal guys with a plethora of losses in recent memory.

Post #2   2/7/10 10:54:24AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I think it was also his last fight. If you watch the fight, coleman just looked really stiff in the stand up and then you look at couture and he is really loose and moving around.

Post #3   2/7/10 11:03:33AM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

I think Dana should keep him around for a Coleman vs Tito loser leaves fight after Chuck beats Tito. Theres big money in this fight, much bigger then normal guys with a plethora of losses in recent memory.

a fight against tito would be horrible I don't want to see tito beat coleman and coleman could do a thousand times better than last night and still lose he has done enough he can retire

Post #4   2/7/10 12:08:07PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:
What did tito say anyways?

Post #5   2/7/10 1:12:31PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by haggiswashere

Check out Joe Rogan's Twitter. If Joe is accurate what Tito said cannot be posted in these forums.

Post #6   2/7/10 1:27:32PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,358-789
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I never liked Coleman but I would hate to see anybody get hurt seriously. Watching him run in prefight hype pretty much showed he was done. This isn't Chuck getting knocked out by rising stars, or Tito losing a step, it was a joke, he had no business coming out for the second round, he should feel lucky that Randy choked him out because he could of pounded on him at will.

Post #7   2/7/10 1:43:42PM   

John_Jobber

MMA Regular

John_Jobber Avatar

Career:430-261
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

I never liked Coleman but I would hate to see anybody get hurt seriously. Watching him run in prefight hype pretty much showed he was done. This isn't Chuck getting knocked out by rising stars, or Tito losing a step, it was a joke, he had no business coming out for the second round, he should feel lucky that Randy choked him out because he could of pounded on him at will.

I agree. I was saying Randy choked him out simply out of respect for another legend instead of pinging on him for another 7 or 8 minutes. Coleman had nothing to offer defensively or offensively.

However, I would LOVE to see Tito get his ass handed to him by Mark "Looks like my Grampa" Coleman.

Last edited 2/7/10 2:00PM server time by john_jobber
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   2/7/10 1:59:06PM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:

Posted by John_Jobber

Posted by sbulldavid

I agree. I was saying Randy choked him out simply out of respect for another legend instead of pinging on him for another 7 or 8 minutes. Coleman had nothing to offer defensively or offensively.

However, I would LOVE to see Tito get his ass handed to him by Mark "Looks like my Grampa" Coleman.

lolwhen the fight was about to start all i could think of was my grandpa can beat up your grandpa

Post #9   2/7/10 2:59:53PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,446-842
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Colemans bouts play out like you're on a roller coaster.
It's a constant up and down ride when he fights.
I'm willing to accept the fact that at his age and skill set that Coleman is done.
But a part of me also wants to mediate the fact that Colemans poor showing may in part,be attributed to the fact that he was facing a man with a wrestling pedigree,equal to if not greater than his own.

In any case, despite some of the big lows that have littered his career Mark Coleman deserves the respect of MMA fans across the world.

Post #10   2/7/10 3:32:05PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,202-1,233
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by RyanC

Posted by haggiswashere

Check out Joe Rogan's Twitter. If Joe is accurate what Tito said cannot be posted in these forums.

Tito said "Payback is a <expletive>"...begins with "m", four syllables.

*fixed*;

Interview with Ariel Helwani here: watchkalibrun.com

Last edited 2/7/10 5:53PM server time by scoozna
Edit note/reason: fix
2 total post edits

Post #11   2/7/10 5:41:29PM   

adren

Learning to Sprawl

adren Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Rogan says that Tito said "Payback is a b****".

Tito says lots of things. Too bad that's the best thing he's good at.

Last edited 2/7/10 9:07PM server time by adren
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   2/7/10 5:51:55PM   

mach

MMA Regular

mach Avatar

Career:572-338
Camp: SA Goons
Chips:
The fight was absolutely bizarre, Coleman did not shoot ONCE. What the hell was the gameplan he worked out with Shawn Tompkins? Don't do the one thing you are absolutely phenomenal at, the one thing that could possibly win you this fight? IIRC, you could hear someone giving striking advice to Mark between rounds. Tompkins is mental, and Coleman should have shot in from the moment the bell rang. Anyone with half a brain knows that Coleman wasn't going to win in the standup. Of course Couture is going to know the takedown is coming. Everyone knows the takedown is coming, what made Coleman once great was that you still can't stop it. If he wants you down he'll get you down eventually. Coleman looked horrible regardless, and it was always Randy's fight to win, but I can't imagine what bizarre gameplan they had in mind. Coleman was better off when he was training on his porch.

Post #13   2/7/10 7:07:38PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:

Posted by karn501

Posted by Wallass

a fight against tito would be horrible I don't want to see tito beat coleman and coleman could do a thousand times better than last night and still lose he has done enough he can retire

I don't care to see either Coleman or Tito fight ever again. So why would I care about them fighting eachother.

Post #14   2/7/10 7:27:57PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i had a feeling that this was coleman's last stand

Post #15   2/7/10 10:34:52PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2