Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Undisputed Cover Shows Brock Lesnar Is Star of the Show

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
He fought just once in 2009 and won't fight again until the summer, but there's no disputing that Brock Lesnar is the biggest star in the UFC.

The latest piece of evidence: Lesnar has been chosen for the cover of UFC Undisputed 2010.

For the UFC, choosing Lesnar as the cover boy is an affirmative statement that the heavyweight champion, whose last fight was a victory over Frank Mir at UFC 100, is the face of the promotion. All four of the other champions -- Lyoto Machida, Anderson Silva, Georges St. Pierre and B.J. Penn -- are popular fighters who would have been worthy choices to make the cover, but none of them has even close to the drawing power of Lesnar.

LINK

Post #1   2/5/10 11:04:00AM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
To be honest I want to see what improvements (if any) Yukes will make in 2010. Undisputed 2009 was a solid game, but the netcode was poor and the interface was painful. I think the animations in regards to forward/backward movement could be way better as well.

If putting Brock on the cover sells more copies, that's totally fine with me. I just want the game to be a marked improvement as opposed to a glorified roster update.

Post #2   2/5/10 12:39:38PM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:317-259
Camp: DGK
Chips:
That’s cool but all the other champs are getting ripped off. Haha I wonder if they even care though.

I would have rather seen someone else on the cover.

Post #3   2/5/10 1:03:01PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
they covered his chest tattoo

Post #4   2/5/10 1:08:11PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
they should have had all 5 of them on the cover
they need to improve the subs in the game it is hard as hell to finish a fight with a sub

Post #5   2/5/10 1:54:10PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

they need to improve the subs in the game it is hard as hell to finish a fight with a sub

i agree

all five on the cover would have been bad ass

Post #6   2/5/10 2:20:18PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think the game play in UFC 2009 was nearly perfect, and the few things I had problems with have already shown to have been fixed by the first trailer for UFC 2010. The stuff they've added is cage work/interaction with the cage and head movement.

When you know how to play the game subs are actually pretty easy to get. You just have to play with stamina bars on. I've subbed guys in the first thirty seconds of a fight.

They already fixed most of the online issues with the patch.

Now all they need to do is make career more a little more interesting, fix the menu screens, and cut down on load times. I hope they don't change to much. What I want this time around is a polished version of the last game.

Post #7   2/5/10 3:26:28PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I dunno, I actually won most of my fights online via submission since it was a pretty safe way to win after softening up an opponent with standing strikes or ground and pound. It was also awesome catching those guys with kimuras/guillotines/triangles who didn't know how to manage their stamina on the ground.

If anything I think headkicks and haymakers should be more effective. There's no way someone should be able to survive 12 clean headkicks. You can trade it off by making them more easily blocked or dodged, and even increase the stamina cost of just throwing them.

Maybe that's just me. I was pretty good at the game all around, I just never had too many flash KOs even after lining them up correctly and waiting for counters.

Last edited 2/5/10 4:14PM server time by isk
Edit note/reason: grammar onos

Post #8   2/5/10 3:29:02PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,573
Chips:
I really like the subs too...and all around game play for that matter. I love the fact that button mashing doesn't do squat. The menu definitely needs some work for sure...it's especially painful how they've made go through all the menus just to put sponsors on the shorts. That's something that should be quick and easy. Obviously they're already working on the southpaw issue. There's some other fine tuning, but those 2 things would be a good start IMO.

Post #9   2/5/10 3:31:49PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

I really like the subs too...and all around game play for that matter. I love the fact that button mashing doesn't do squat. The menu definitely needs some work for sure...it's especially painful how they've made go through all the menus just to put sponsors on the shorts. That's something that should be quick and easy. Obviously they're already working on the southpaw issue. There's some other fine tuning, but those 2 things would be a good start IMO.

Auto Save can rot in hell, too.

Post #10   2/5/10 3:45:57PM