Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Wisconsin Signs MMA Regulation Bill Into Law

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Wisconsin became the 43rd state to sanction mixed martial arts when Gov. Jim Doyle signed into law a bill to regulate the sport.

The state's Department of Regulation and Licensing will govern the fights, adding MMA to its duties overseeing pro boxing contests.

Unlike other states, Wisconsin's law passed through the legislative process in just a few months. The bill was first introduced in September 2009.

LINK

Post #1   2/5/10 11:03:22AM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
*checks location*

YYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

..(wait).....

lol

Post #2   2/5/10 3:26:30PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,550-1,521
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
question..what's the point of regulating mma here in wi..when there has been plenty of mma show already done in the state of wi..before it was even brought to the the attention of gov. jim doyle..people were producting mma shows left and right..go to a local wi bar and you'll definitely see a mma flyer pinned up...

Post #3   2/5/10 4:24:02PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

question..what's the point of regulating mma here in wi..when there has been plenty of mma show already done in the state of wi..before it was even brought to the the attention of gov. jim doyle..people were producting mma shows left and right..go to a local wi bar and you'll definitely see a mma flyer pinned up...

my gym has hosted 4 amateur shows with a few pro fights and the "mad town throw down" has been going for years now. whats this going to change?

Post #4   2/5/10 8:41:46PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,550-1,521
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by papercut

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

my gym has hosted 4 amateur shows with a few pro fights and the "mad town throw down" has been going for years now. whats this going to change?

yup..i thought it was weird when i read this and thought..what?!? i been to a few pro shows and thought we're already regulated..lol...

Post #5   2/6/10 3:36:46PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
even if they were going on before hand, this is a good step for the sport. it's better for MMA to be sanctioned than for it to be given a blind eye, so i'm saying good for Wisconsin and good for MMA. if only New York would follow suit lol.

Post #6   2/6/10 5:33:08PM