Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White talks about Liddell's alleged alcoholism

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
At a media day to promote the upcoming season of Spike TV’s “The Ultimate Fighter,” former UFC light heavyweight titleholder Tito Ortiz alleged that his longtime rival and fellow former champion Chuck Liddell was an “alcoholic.” He added that their former manager and now UFC president Dana White had to do “an intervention” on Liddell.

Following the UFC 109 pre-fight press conference on Thursday, White denied ever having done an intervention and said Liddell isn’t “too happy” about Ortiz’ comments.

LINK

Post #1   2/5/10 11:02:22AM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,821-1,143
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
So Liddell is still a alcoholic then?

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #2   2/5/10 11:58:55AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,376-760
Chips:
I will make it clear now to anyone who post in here... accusing fighters of something without any proof will get you banned. Just because Tito said it was so doesn't make it fact. Tito is lucky he doesn't post in here because he would have been banned.

Post #3   2/5/10 1:59:19PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,369-1,414
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
and a bunch of people on here was tellin me that i shouldn't be callin liddell an alcoholic..dude's a alcoholic like david hasselhoff..i'm from wisconsin,i know what an alcoholic is..end!

Post #4   2/5/10 12:54:55PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,787-1,542
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

and a bunch of people on here was tellin me that i shouldn't be callin liddell an alcoholic..dude's a alcoholic like david hasselhoff..i'm from wisconsin,i know what an alcoholic is..end!

So, is everyone that TMZ shows drunk an alcoholic? Being intoxicated doesn't mean you're an alcoholic. I've watched my friends in similar situations and I'm sure i've been there a few times as well...none of us are alcoholics. TBH, I don't know whether he has/had an alcohol problem or not. So, what is it that you've seen that I haven't?

Post #5   2/5/10 1:10:04PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,369-1,414
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

So, is everyone that TMZ shows drunk an alcoholic? Being intoxicated doesn't mean you're an alcoholic. I've watched my friends in similar situations and I'm sure i've been there a few times as well...none of us are alcoholics. TBH, I don't know whether he has/had an alcohol problem or not. So, what is it that you've seen that I haven't?

alright fine..i'll requote myself..liddell himself made it seem that he had a drinkin problem..you don't go on a show or a radio show sh*tface at 10/11 in the mornin and try to still do the interview..why the hell would you be drunk at that time,unless you're tailgating or durnin a special occasion..you don't try to choke someone out..when he asked kindly to have liddell put him in a choke hold for a picture..dude was a fan and liddell was what too f*cked to care and decided to try to beat him up..sorry..a causal drinkin doesn't do stuff like that..only an alcoholic does..that doesn't sit well in my book..you don't attack a fan,especially your own fan...

Post #6   2/5/10 1:24:07PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

alright fine..i'll requote myself..liddell himself made it seem that he had a drinkin problem..you don't go on a show or a radio show sh*tface at 10/11 in the mornin and try to still do the interview..why the hell would you be drunk at that time,unless you're tailgating or durnin a special occasion..you don't try to choke someone out..when he asked kindly to have liddell put him in a choke hold for a picture..dude was a fan and liddell was what too f*cked to care and decided to try to beat him up..sorry..a causal drinkin doesn't do stuff like that..only an alcoholic does..that doesn't sit well in my book..you don't attack a fan,especially your own fan...

You've just described someone who's had too much to drink. I've seen plenty of crazy things happen over the years...most of which were done by casual and social drinkers. Alcohol does different things to different people...and in case you haven't heard, it also impairs your judgment as well. He may very well have a problem, but I'm not gonna pretend to diagnose someone by the 5 minutes of video I've seen of them.

Post #7   2/5/10 1:35:06PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Chips:

Posted by telnights

I will make it clear now to anyone who post in here... accusing fighters of something without any proof will get you banned. Just because Tito said it was so doesn't make it fact. Tito is lucky he doesn't post in here because he would have been banned.

I would pay money to see Tito get the pimphand!!!

Post #8   2/5/10 1:59:57PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,376-760
Chips:

Posted by emfleek
I would pay money to see Tito get the pimphand!!!

yeah I think I would pay money to be able to give him the pimphand!!!

Post #9   2/5/10 2:13:03PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:
Thereare some funny videos of Liddell lookin pretty messed up, doesn't mean he's an alchy but it does help Titos case.

The morning news interview is the most incriminating (can't remember the news station or when this happened). And my favorite is reaction from the Wand Tito fight, its just epic.

Post #10   2/5/10 2:41:08PM   

LotusLoo

Learning to Sprawl

LotusLoo Avatar

Career:207-142
Chips:
Wow. Don't ya just love it when people talk crap behind your back? Despite accusing someone of something as serious as alcoholism, how is it your place to tell the world? How is your business? Not cool Tito, not cool

Post #11   2/5/10 3:21:52PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,165-774
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:

Posted by roman

Thereare some funny videos of Liddell lookin pretty messed up, doesn't mean he's an alchy but it does help Titos case.

The morning news interview is the most incriminating (can't remember the news station or when this happened). And my favorite is reaction from the Wand Tito fight, its just epic.

If i remember correctly they had proof that chuck had pneumonia at the time and couldn't postpone the interview which he was being payed big by 300 to do

I'm big on not jumping off a fighter's bandwagon when they are in a rut, and tito is one of my all-time favorites. but even if chuck had a drinking problem, he obviously wouldn't want it public. pretty low move IMO

Post #12   2/5/10 4:00:20PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
How does tito have any fans still ?

You gotta question the integrity of someone who's a fan of that ( insert fighter bashing) tito ortiz .

Post #13   2/5/10 4:33:49PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:
I Just see it as a low blow, true or not. It's funny how Tito just lays it out there like it's a concern of his, to make it seem less douchy. Would it be fair game for Liddell to refer to Tito's woman as an former c**kaholic? That's something Tito has to take into consideration when he throws the trash-talking rule book out the window.

Post #14   2/5/10 4:37:40PM   

gsp69

MMA Regular

gsp69 Avatar

Career:505-397
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
lets face it Tito is a dick! tryn 2 discredit Liddell b4 ther fight!
just hope the ICEMAN gets back to the fighter of old and destroys Tito and shuts his mouth!!
every1 loves a bit trash talk, but he has well and truely crossed the line!!!

WAR ICEMAN!!!!

Post #15   2/6/10 1:24:12PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2