Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

DANA WHITE: Nick Diaz needs to "play the game"...

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
When Nick Diaz knocked out Marius Zaromskis last weekend the questions immediately started to come up about the welterweight's future and if a UFC return could ever happen.

The Gracie trained fighter competed in the UFC for several years, but left and signed on with EliteXC and then Strikeforce, where he has come to be considered among the best pound-for-pound fighters in the sport.

UFC president Dana White commented on Diaz's recent performance and had nothing but compliments for the California native.

"I like Nick Diaz very much, and I’ve said this many times, if Nick Diaz would just play the game even this much... but Nick Diaz refuses to play the game," White said. "He’s anti-the game."

LINK

Post #1   2/5/10 11:01:14AM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
A little video of the interview......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M99mZwJ6hQ&feature=player_embedded

Post #2   2/5/10 11:48:08AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,468-851
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Sounds like Diaz could be back in the UFC. Diaz vs Sanchez 2?

Post #3   2/5/10 12:13:21PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i do think that diaz and shields will jump ship at same time

Post #4   2/5/10 1:52:08PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I dont get how Nick doesnt play the game. I think him & his bro are alot alike. What does Nate do that keeps Nick out of the UFC and him in?

Post #5   2/5/10 1:54:48PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I dont get how Nick doesnt play the game. I think him & his bro are alot alike. What does Nate do that keeps Nick out of the UFC and him in?

well winning the Ultimate Fighter sure helps

Post #6   2/5/10 2:22:35PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by NatedawgThaM

well winning the Ultimate Fighter sure helps

And then there's the whole marijuana issue. And fighting guys outside of the octagon. And calling out fighters in another org.

Post #7   2/5/10 2:36:00PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
Hypocritical much Dana? You'll have guys like Junie Browning there and BJ who hit an undercover cop and Guillard that got busted for coke but Diaz is too over the top because of getting caught with a small amount of weed in his system. Big deal, what about the roiders they're actually doing something performance enhancing but he'll keep them around? Why do they get a free pass at bad press but Diaz will always get sh*t for this. The hospital scene was completely personal, nothing to do with business, especially since Nick shouldve won that fight.

Oh and just an fyi to Dana, the last time Nick fought for you was many fights after the hospital scene, so youre an even bigger hypocrite for saying that.

~

Last edited 2/5/10 2:55PM server time by evenflow
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   2/5/10 2:52:33PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
does anybody know why diaz left the ufc? I have heard lot's of reasons.

Post #9   2/5/10 3:16:28PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

Hypocritical much Dana? You'll have guys like Junie Browning there and BJ who hit an undercover cop and Guillard that got busted for coke but Diaz is too over the top because of getting caught with a small amount of weed in his system. Big deal, what about the roiders they're actually doing something performance enhancing but he'll keep them around? Why do they get a free pass at bad press but Diaz will always get sh*t for this. The hospital scene was completely personal, nothing to do with business, especially since Nick shouldve won that fight.

Oh and just an fyi to Dana, the last time Nick fought for you was many fights after the hospital scene, so youre an even bigger hypocrite for saying that.

~

Hey, that cop was an a-hole!

Post #10   2/5/10 3:19:40PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Hey, that cop was an a-hole!

Yeah I know, but it needed to be brought up.

Post #11   2/5/10 3:39:22PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,207-799
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

~

i agree, i just think its more of an issue that so does Nick. He shows no remorse for failing a drug test where he was representing the UFC and has said many times that he wont stop using weed. It shouldn't matter but the fact that he openly admits to it and is a risk to fail tests or not even show up for them may be the issue that dana is hinting at. so i can see it from both sides

Post #12   2/5/10 4:07:41PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
OR, Nick Diaz wasn't good enough to stay getting raped by a bunch of superior wrestlers in the UFC. So he left and also felt disrespected, probably because the contracts offered before he left.

Dana didn't respect Diaz' ability so much back when Diaz was losing, and his antics weren't the only reason the UFC didn't want him.

Dana is just saying that because now Diaz is a big name on a big roll. And the UFC need a big oponent for GSP. They bring in Diaz, give him an introductory fight against a guy with no wrestling ability, and then hew gets to fight GSP next.

Post #13   2/5/10 4:37:31PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,573
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

~

I'll give you Junie (even though he eventually got pushed out door), but the rest are just incidents. People make mistakes...some are small and some are large. That's not even what he's referring to though. Nick Diaz has no desire to play by anyone's rules but his own. If you own a business and hire someone with those attributes, you deserve everything that happens as a result.

Post #14   2/5/10 4:55:14PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by EvenFlow

~

I'll give you Junie (even though he eventually got pushed out door), but the rest are just incidents. People make mistakes...some are small and some are large. That's not even what he's referring to though. Nick Diaz has no desire to play by anyone's rules but his own. If you own a business and hire someone with those attributes, you deserve everything that happens as a result.

I'm not arguing wheather he should be in the UFC or not, I'm just pointing out what a hypocrite Dana White is. You dont find that sad that he cant even remember the last time Nick Diaz fought in his organization? and referred to his last fight as after the hospital incident like he cut Nick the next day or something. I'm sick of Dana's mouth, he thinks he can manipulate the situations by being brash and acts like his doodie dont stank and as a matter of fact here he is in another recent interview...keepin it classy of corse

Same interview...

Even classier still talking about strikeforce and how he's "not worried" well he might not be realistically but he still counter programs all thier major cards...

Post #15   2/5/10 5:06:19PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2