Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

WEC vet Bryan Baker added to Bellator's second middleweight tourney

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
With Bellator Fighting Championships middleweight champion Hector Lombard set to defend his belt in 2010, the upstart promotion today announced the second contender in season two's eight-man bracket.

Three-time WEC veteran Bryan Baker (11-1 MMA, 1-0 BFC) returns for a second appearance for Bellator, though this time he'll be involved in tournament action.

Baker earned a decision win over Matt Horwich in a non-tournament bout at Bellator VIII during the company's inaugural season.

"'The Beast' is a dangerous addition to our middleweight tournament," Bellator founder and CEO Bjorn Rebney stated in today's official release. "He caught my eye back at Bellator VIII, and I knew then and there that he would make a big impact on our 185-pound challenger tournament."

LINK

Post #1   2/5/10 10:57:54AM