Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

After first career loss, UFC 109's Demian Maia worked on stand up but expects to grapple

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
As the old mixed-martial-arts saying goes, "No one stays unbeaten forever."

But of course, no one likes to get beaten the way top UFC middleweight Demian Maia (11-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) was in his UFC 102 contest with Nate Marquardt.

Maia doesn't believe in that other old saying – "That loss was the best thing that could have happened," he said – but he does believe the lessons learned in that 21-second disaster will have him more than ready for Dan Miller at Saturday night's UFC 109 event.

LINK

Post #1   2/5/10 10:56:21AM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,762-939
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
i can't believe this wasn't on the main card until someone got an injury... (it started out on the spike portion when it was announced)

always love to watch him fight and grapple

WAR MAIA

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #2   2/5/10 2:28:06PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,492-882
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Dan Miller, please keep the fight upright for as long as possbile...and when the fight does hit the mat please stay saavy and get up quickly.
I think you can win me some money, Mr. Miller, but only if you don't let Maia use his superpowers on you....

Post #3   2/5/10 2:51:03PM