Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Scott Coker Talks Alistair Overeem, Herschel Walker and More

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,369-1,414
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
- Alistair Overeem will defend the Strikeforce Heavyweight Title in May. Opponent is yet to be determined.
- Erin Toughill will be the next opponent for Cris Cyborg, targeting a late summer title fight.
- The 145 pound women's tournament will have a Summertime launch.

Link

Post #1   2/4/10 9:03:27PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
It's gotta be Lashley, he's a huge name here and this fight will get some much needed attention to the real title and most likely get Overeem some momentum, theres just no other fight in May that could make sense. Lashley wants the shot, who cares if he's not really ready and Overeem needs defend against a guy not coming off a loss like Arlovski and has Strikeforce experience. The people at Strikeforce cant afford to have thier title put up against guys coming off a loss (like Sakurai, Arlovski) it'll hurt the cred of the belts even if they win. It's as easy as putting on undercards that make sense for the future, guys who'll hopefully be put in the big shows and maybe fight for the title.

Post #2   2/4/10 9:36:25PM   

KoldKhaos

MMA Regular

Career:195-151
Chips:
I would like to see Lashley take on Bigfoot for his next fight as a true test for a 1st big fight.

Odds are Lashley may get the title shot... And whats even more messed up is that its VERY POSSIBLE Lashley can beat Overeem via TKO or UD as his cardio is probably better and has the serious edge in wrestling.

If I had to pick this fight... I would take Overeem via KO in the 2nd... But I wouldn't count my chickens...

Either way I think it could be exciting.

Post #3   2/4/10 11:47:31PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,533-897
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Overeem's time warming up Fedor's belt is just about over. I say forget all these other matchups... Fedor should be fighting for the title. It's ridiculous to have him on their roster and not have him be the champion.

Post #4   2/5/10 12:40:59AM   

dmfp

MMA Regular

dmfp Avatar

Career:809-495
Camp: Swe Boxe
Chips:

Post #5   2/5/10 7:03:48AM   

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
I just want to Overeem fight in the US..

Kinda funny Fedor hasnt got this shot already! Making Fedor earn a title shot! WTF!!

And if Lashley gets the shot, The Strikeforce HW belt will have about as much credibility as the ECW belt!

Last edited 2/5/10 7:07AM server time by miniman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   2/5/10 7:04:48AM   

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Career:1,718-1,199
Camp: BAMMA UK
Chips:

Posted by MiniMan

I just want to Overeem fight in the US..

Kinda funny Fedor hasnt got this shot already! Making Fedor earn a title shot! WTF!!

And if Lashley gets the shot, The Strikeforce HW belt will have about as much credibility as the ECW belt!

Don't you mean the NXT belt?

Post #7   2/5/10 11:14:00AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,369-1,414
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
fedor already own a belt..the WAMMA HW belt..and Aoki holds the Dream and WAMMA LW belts..but how much credibility does those belt have thou..i know everytime fedor fights they have the WAMMA belt in front of him..and i think they place the WAMMA belt around fedor when he bet rogers...

Post #8   2/5/10 2:22:05PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by MiniMan

... ...

Dont you mean the UFC belt... Brock went 1-1 before his shot. Having Lashley get a shot after going 1-0 might be even more credible.

embarrassing either way.

Dear SF stop

SCRAP FEDOR VS WERDUM stop

REPLACE WITH FEDOR VS OVEREEM stop

HAVE IT ON CBS BIG RATINGS stop

THANK YOU stop

Post #9   2/5/10 6:01:19PM