Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nogueira hw champ ufc 07

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
I finally got my wish, Nogueira is on his way to the ufc. This mma thing is getting bigger and better. I guarantee by the end of 2007, Nogueira will be ufc heavyweight champ, wether he fights couture or crocop for the title he will take it.

Name Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Nick Name Minotauro
Record 29 - 4 - 1 (Win - Loss - Draw) ( 1 NC )
Style Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Birth Date 6/2/1976

Still at the tender age of 31, he's defenately the most impressive mma fighter of our lifetime.

Im a randy fan too, randy, for me, has taken this sport to the next level twice. And only a supreme fighter of his calibre is capable of such a thing. He's the peoples champion, and always will be. Once when he beat chuck and then once again when he beat sylvia. Thats what randy will always be remembered for.

Nogueira has the sharpest submissions, is always ready to go, very athletic and i think the octagon will only improve his performances when he fights. This guy is still a young fighter and has already tasted championship status at the highest level, now in the ufc, he will do it again. The thing that seperates Nogueira from any other fighter i have seen fight, is his heart, he never quits. He's a complete fighter who has the tools to beat any heavyweight, he is the ultimate fighter and i cant wait to see this guy in the octagon. Ufc fans will love him fighting for the number one orginisation.

cheers

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #1   4/12/07 5:52:33PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
I want to see a rematch between Nogueira and Cro Cop. Cro Cop was beating the living hell out of Nogueira and then, to Nogueira's credit, came back with a slick armbar in the 2nd round. I give major props to Nogueira, that guy has a chin made out of steel and I love his never die attitude.

Post #2   4/12/07 6:09:23PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
Nog is without a doubt one of the top HW, and imo P4P fighters in the world. I love watching him fight, he is so focused. He can take one hell of a beating and still stick to his guns and get the wins. A fantastic fighter indeed, but I think Cro Cop will be a challenge for him again, and it could go either way.

Post #3   4/12/07 6:42:01PM   

methodman_90

MMA Regular

methodman_90 Avatar

Career:84-41
Camp: The One' Hitta' Quitta's
Chips:
His fight against Bob Sapp says everything about his heart and how tough he is and he will be underated to all the new UFC fans. Crocop will give him a good fight for the title if he is champion.
UFC's LHW and MW division still need to be beefed up abit

Post #4   4/13/07 11:38:11AM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
His rematch with CC will be alot diff. than last time. CC by TKO.

Anyway this is another awesome fighter being thrown into what used to be their weakest div.

Nog is always underrated IMO.

Post #5   4/13/07 11:43:41AM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:
I am a huge Nog fan as well. I agree with Keith comparing him to Randy. He is a very classy guy, who no matter who he fights makes it very exciting. He is evloved with the game, and continues to be one of the best in the world.

On the other hand Cro Cop is currently in the UFC, and will have a title defense first. Yes Nog defeated Mirko, but as some one already said was getting dominated the entire first round. Cro Cop was also about 1 inch away from not only winning the fight, but possibly be heading Nog with a soccer kick.

The octagon will help Nog in most areas. The walls make it much easier to take the fight to the ground. The walls will also help him hold fighters down. The only down side of the UFC rules I see for Nog is the 5 minute rounds, and refs that stand up the fight more frequently.

Post #6   4/13/07 11:52:19AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
im not sure that nog gets a title shot in 07 depending on when they decide to have the cross promo matches, but if there is a guy outside of fedor that may be favored to beat CC its definately nog. he could be the champ in 07, but it depends on the schedule they draw up for the super bowl of mma

Post #7   4/13/07 12:18:33PM   

Zvonimir

MMA Regular

Zvonimir Avatar

Career:279-164
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
CC will kill Nog this time. CC by TKO.

Post #8   4/13/07 5:51:24PM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:
34 Pro fights and Nog has never been stopped. That isn't a fluke. It makes it more impressive when you look at who he has faced. The majority of his career has been as a champion or #1 contender. I am not saying Nog will defeat Mirko this time, but you can pretty much bank on the fact that it won't be a blow out.

Post #9   4/13/07 6:14:30PM   

EyedZero

Learning to Sprawl

EyedZero Avatar

Career:42-54
Chips:

Posted by Zvonimir

No....He wont....Crocop is not prepared to last with Nog...Crocop Loses by submission or Judges Unanamous decision...If youde like to make a wager, just send when the fights is signed...Ill go all in on Nog 4 the Sub Win...LOL

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #10   4/14/07 6:02:09PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by EyedZero

Posted by Zvonimir

No....He wont....Crocop is not prepared to last with Nog...Crocop Loses by submission or Judges Unanamous decision...If youde like to make a wager, just send when the fights is signed...Ill go all in on Nog 4 the Sub Win...LOL

I'll love to take that wager. CC has improved so much, he isn't a better JJ artist than Nog, but he will not be subbed as easily as last time. I mean training with Werdum has to make you alot better at BJJ. CC was killing Nog the first fight, and got too cocky and got taken down, he won't do that again.

Post #11   4/14/07 6:06:16PM   

JBatch

In Full Mount

JBatch Avatar

Career:779-491
Camp: Triumph
Chips:

Posted by methodman_90

His fight against Bob Sapp says everything about his heart and how tough he is and he will be underated to all the new UFC fans. Crocop will give him a good fight for the title if he is champion.
UFC's LHW and MW division still need to be beefed up abit

I agree completely with all of this.

Question for you all....Who should his first fight be against???
I say Jake O'Brien or Brandon vera

Last edited 4/14/07 8:13PM server time by JBatch
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   4/14/07 8:12:49PM   

methodman_90

MMA Regular

methodman_90 Avatar

Career:84-41
Camp: The One' Hitta' Quitta's
Chips:
Yeah Jake O'brien would a good match for him at first because I duobt he would be able to lay n pray on big nog. Vera said his next fight is a big one so ya never know?

Post #13   4/15/07 7:13:14AM   

FortySixBelow

MMA Regular

Career:17-17
Chips:
[QUOTE

Still at the tender age of 31, he's defenately the most impressive mma fighter of our lifetime.

Umm...I have to disagree with you on this part. Everything else is a thumbs up!

Post #14   4/15/07 7:37:25AM   

AdamG

Learning to Sprawl

AdamG Avatar

Career:601-428
Camp: SF Fight Fans
Chips:

I'm sorry but haven't you heard of a guy named Fedor Emelianenko who handed Nog his ass on a few different occasions?

I definitely thing Nog will come in as a top contender. He has the best recovery of any fighter I've seen and is probably the best submission fighter in the world. I like watching all of his fights and will be so pumped to see him fight CroCop again. I think the cage will greatly benefit his style and Nog will eventually become the fighter to beat in the UFC.

Post #15   4/17/07 1:40:49PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2