Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

First UK UFC Champion

Print  
Who will it be?
Dan Hardy 6 12%
Mike Bisping 1 2%
Paul Daley 11 22%
Ross Pearson 3 6%
Andre Winner 1 2%
Other 29 57%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Who's it gonna be?

There is plenty of talent coming up.

Of Course Bisping has been around for a while, but Dan Hardy who will be the first to have a title shot. Ross Pearson, Paul Daley, Andre Winner?

I Think as of right now, Hardy has the best chance, just because he's fighting for a title soon. And he's the first Brit to get a title shot. Paul Daley would have a great chance, assuming he gets passed Kos.

I think within the next few years Ross Pearson will become a serious threat in the LW Division.

Post #1   2/4/10 3:12:43PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
I dont see any of these guys ever becoming a champion . I dont think any of these guys will ever break the top 5 in their respective weight divisions .

gsp will destroy hardy and would tap daley in less then 2 minutes .

bj vs pearson/winner would not even be remotely competitive.

anderson vs bisping would be the first death in the octagon .

Post #2   2/4/10 3:27:42PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
im with you, i dont see any champs here. on top of that but i dont ever want to see the british hold a belt. sorry for offending but im a proud American. a little rivalry never hurt nobody

Post #3   2/4/10 4:05:01PM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,474-877
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

im with you, i dont see any champs here. on top of that but i dont ever want to see the british hold a belt. sorry for offending but im a proud American. a little rivalry never hurt nobody

I don't see anybody from the above list holding a UFC title....but if one or all of them did get a belt I wouldn't dislike it based on their nationality.

I would love for Bisping to be a champ just to see him lose the belt though.

Post #4   2/4/10 4:32:37PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,478-1,317
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i'll pick none, bisping should have had a title shot by now and it is sad knowing hardy and maybe daley will get there's before him

Post #5   2/4/10 4:57:21PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

i'll pick none, bisping should have had a title shot by now and it is sad knowing hardy and maybe daley will get there's before him

Im not quite sure where you're coming from? How has Bisbing ever earned a title shot? With wins over Charles McCarthy, Chris Leben, and Jason Day? There were plenty of guys ahead of him in line even when he was at his hottest point, I don't see anyway how one can say that its sad that Bisbing was never given a shot.

Post #6   2/4/10 7:28:00PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

I dont see any of these guys ever becoming a champion . I dont think any of these guys will ever break the top 5 in their respective weight divisions .

gsp will destroy hardy and would tap daley in less then 2 minutes .

bj vs pearson/winner would not even be remotely competitive.

anderson vs bisping would be the first death in the octagon .

I agree. Daley IMO has the best shot if he actually got the opportunity because I think he's way better then hardy especially since he has speed with that power which is deadly. If he had a BJJ background I could see him being as deadly as Anderson with his striking. If GSP stands with him, he'll get knocked out though. But I just don't see Daley getting by Kos but it will be a freakin war.

Bisping is well...Bisping. Winner though in a stand up fight I think he could atleast be more competitive with Diego because of his speed and power, he seems like a pretty good striker and looks to have a bunch of potential. But with that said, they all pretty much just have potential, they probably won't win.

Post #7   2/4/10 8:48:00PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
Englands getting better/deeper every year but I dont think any one of these guys is near the level of the title holder in there weight class...

Daley and Hardy are both capable of KOing GSP but there other skills are nowhere near GSP's level... So maybe, but there title reign would be very short.

Both Winner and Pearson have lots of potential being so young in all but I think it is still way too early to bring there name into any championship talk. Who knows what will happen in the next 3-4 years though.

Bisping... No, never gonna happen. He is not dominate in any area of fighting and his strongest skills are B level at best.

Post #8   2/4/10 8:53:04PM   

NeaRMisS

MMA Regular

Career:69-53
Chips:

Bisping needs to fight fighters near the A rank to get a title shot. All these "wins" he has had, are against B level fighters at best really...

Also, Bisping isn't even AMAZING in one area, he's "meh / decent" in all areas which doesn't equate to a belt... He choose to take the long road to the title shot by never fighting anyone near the top.

Post #9   2/4/10 11:22:06PM   

1daveufc

Standup Guy

1daveufc Avatar

Career:612-433
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

Well a dont think any of the brits will hold a title any time soon either and a proud to be british.A dont not want to see any americans hold the belt av seen many hold them all ready and i like them all i just want to see great fights regardles of what country they come from.As far as rivalry go's what about the current champs they are not american.

Post #10   2/5/10 5:35:51AM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:

Posted by 1daveufc

Posted by tcunningham

Well a dont think any of the brits will hold a title any time soon either and a proud to be british.A dont not want to see any americans hold the belt av seen many hold them all ready and i like them all i just want to see great fights regardles of what country they come from.As far as rivalry go's what about the current champs they are not american.

BJ is American and so is Lesnar,also whoever is going to hold the current interim HW title will be American.

Post #11   2/5/10 4:02:46PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
I should have titled this thread differently....

Which Uk Fighter has the Most Potential?

In the far future, who has the most potential to become a true champion.

This is what I meant when when I started this thread.

Post #12   2/5/10 5:28:24PM   

Ulio

Learning to Sprawl

Ulio Avatar

Career:386-264
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Hardy could catch GSP but I think GSP will win if he plays as smart has he has.

Post #13   2/5/10 6:33:27PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by chickmagnet

I should have titled this thread differently....

Which Uk Fighter has the Most Potential?

In the far future, who has the most potential to become a true champion.

This is what I meant when when I started this thread.

Pearson and Winner both have great potential.
-Well rounded and Young, could develop into something special or might peak, like bisping, in the 8-10 region of the rankings.

Hardy and Daley have about the same potential
-If Daley could learn a "Chuck Like" take down defense he would be extremly dangerous
-If Hardy could improve his Ground game he could be a great threat also

Bisping has peaked in my opinion

One Brit you left off your list that has really impressed me was Nick Osiczpac (SP huh) I would mix him in with my breakdown of Ross and Andre and he may have even more potential then both of em.

I used to be a Bisping fan but then his mouth wouldnt close (still am a fan when it is closed, though) but im becomin a big Nick fan, WAR OSIZZCIZPIC whatever, WAR That Guy...

Post #14   2/5/10 6:44:22PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:

Yeah I'm not sure he ever was in contention for a belt at LHW or MW. He had a 4 fight win streak when he first enter the UFC at LHW(should have been 3, Damn UK judges). Then wins over low tier guys @185. He did look good against Leben. As for the others I dont see any of them becoming champions. Sonner or later a good wrestler is going to beat Hardy and Daley(especialy) its too early in Peirson and winners careers to prject a title picture for them

Last edited 2/7/10 10:44AM server time by BustedKnuckle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   2/7/10 10:43:46AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2