Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Site updates: 4/12

Print  
  Page 2 of 7     1     2     3     4     5   >>
Posted By Message

illkornstar

Learning to Sprawl

Career:187-100
Chips:
well i dont really mind the change but i think the hot bouts should remain on each card only if the fight is close to the 50% window for each fighter.

this would really make people pick their sure pick and not just go with the picks that everyone else is picking. so if there are two or three fights that have an even matchup than we should be given something more than just the regular points given out for that fight. if that means three hot bouts than so be it, people are only complaining because they havent hit on them. you should not make any hot bouts if there are no 50/50 fights on the card, but i think we should still have them on every close fight that takes place on the card. these fights are what seperates the people that really know MMA and the cowards complaining about the hot bouts.

Post #16   4/12/07 5:53:39PM   

chiefwiggum

MMA Regular

chiefwiggum Avatar

Career:140-72
Camp: whoflungpoo
Chips:
I like the idea of the new scoring system. I do have a huge problem with switching peoples points like you did. I think it is completely unfair to do what you did. It's a real shame that people were basically cheated. My only hope is with the growing popularity of MMA different websites will offer fantasy gaming. And before people start saying I'm just pissed off because it was not beneficial for me, I moved up about 50 spots overall. With that I step off my soapbox.

Post #17   4/12/07 6:20:45PM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Career:264-172
Chips:
If the point system was how it is now at the start of the season would you have picked differently?

Probably not so this is what you would have got anyway and it's a fairer system

Post #18   4/12/07 6:34:58PM   

Tamara

Learning to Sprawl

Tamara Avatar

Career:190-182
Chips:

Posted by D-Boy

If the point system was how it is now at the start of the season would you have picked differently?

Since you are talking hypothetically-let me use this analogy-
"IF" I am kicking your butt and you tap out from an armbar and two weeks later the NSAC changes the rules and says no armbars allowed, should that mean I lose my purse for kicking your butt due to an armbar????

The point is changing the rules in the middle of the game and retro-acting them!
Thus taking points away from people that at that time they deserved.

Post #19   4/12/07 6:56:08PM   

Tamara

Learning to Sprawl

Tamara Avatar

Chips:
Let me add - any changes to the scoring due to the websites discretion is fine by me. I have no problems with that as it is their gig. However, it should not be retroactive and should start at the beginning of a new season.

Post #20   4/12/07 7:01:23PM   

guru_of_grapple

Learning to Sprawl

guru_of_grapple Avatar

Career:590-333
Camp: Southern Maryland Crip Academy
Chips:
Yeah, no way points from past events should have been deducted. That's bullshit in my opinion. I lost A LOT of points because of that. I would be okay if you wanted to change the rules for upcoming events, but you're basically punishing those of us who did a good job of guessing the hotly debated fights. I pretty much went from being ranked in the early 400's to the 500's. I was REALLY into it and all these changing the rules as you go crap has ruined it. **** that. I'm done with this bullshit site.

Post #21   4/12/07 7:16:23PM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Tamara

Posted by D-Boy

"IF" I am kicking your butt and you tap out from an armbar and two weeks later the NSAC changes the rules and says no armbars allowed, should that mean I lose my purse for kicking your butt due to an armbar????

The point is changing the rules in the middle of the game and retro-acting them!

Totally different, if you are using this context all it would mean is your fight purse is reduced and you would keep your win as we still get points for our actions just not as many. Why should the system only be changed between rounds there's nothing we would have done differently had this other scoring system been in place at the start that would change the positons that we are in now. If the round started with these rules you would still have your same rank.

It's not like you wouldn't pick Monson over Fujita because it's no longer a hot bout (This is your armbar analogy)

P.S I would never lose to an armbar ;)

Post #22   4/12/07 7:17:32PM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by guru_of_grapple

Yeah, no way points from past events should have been deducted. That's bullshit in my opinion. I lost A LOT of points because of that. I would be okay if you wanted to change the rules for upcoming events, but you're basically punishing those of us who did a good job of guessing the hotly debated fights. I pretty much went from being ranked in the early 400's to the 500's. I was REALLY into it and all these changing the rules as you go crap has ruined it. **** that. I'm done with this bullshit site.

Bye :(

Post #23   4/12/07 7:18:17PM   

Tamara

Learning to Sprawl

Tamara Avatar

Chips:

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by Tamara

Posted by D-Boy

Totally different, if you are using this context all it would mean is your fight purse is reduced and you would keep your win as we still get points for our actions just not as many. Why should the system only be changed between rounds there's nothing we would have done differently had this other scoring system been in place at the start that would change the positons that we are in now. If the round started with these rules you would still have your same rank.

It's not like you wouldn't pick Monson over Fujita because it's no longer a hot bout (This is your armbar analogy)

First I could so totally armbar you. MY rules though..........

Post #24   4/12/07 7:25:31PM   

guru_of_grapple

Learning to Sprawl

guru_of_grapple Avatar

Chips:

Posted by D-Boy

I take it your rankings went UP with the rule changes? The site already ****** me out of a pick I made (I picked Pelligrino at UFN 9 and it didn't go through for some reason) and now they retro away a bunch of my points. All because a bunch of people who can't pick the TOUGH fights cried to the people that run the site like a bunch of bitches. Now I just wanna' get back in the 400's out of spite.

Post #25   4/12/07 7:33:40PM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by D-Boy

I take it your rankings went UP with the rule changes? The site already ****** me out of a pick I made (I picked Pelligrino at UFN 9 and it didn't go through for some reason) and now they retro away a bunch of my points. All because a bunch of people who can't pick the TOUGH fights cried to the people that run the site like a bunch of bitches. Now I just wanna' get back in the 400's out of spite.

Welcome back and I never asked for the rules to change

Post #26   4/12/07 7:34:59PM   

CWall33

MMA Regular

CWall33 Avatar

Career:413-243
Chips:

Posted by D-Boy

Totally different, if you are using this context all it would mean is your fight purse is reduced and you would keep your win as we still get points for our actions just not as many.

And that would be fair to you? Change the rules after the fact and take away her money and points for totally armbarring you? Hypothetically, of course.

Posted by D-Boy
Why should the system only be changed between rounds there's nothing we would have done differently had this other scoring system been in place at the start that would change the positons that we are in now. If the round started with these rules you would still have your same rank.

I don't think anyone has a problem with changing the rules mid-season (between rounds). The problem is making it retroactive.

Would we have picked differently with the current rules? Probably not. But that's not the point. We earned points based on the rules that were in place at the time. Those points should stand.

Last edited 4/12/07 7:45PM server time by CWall33
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #27   4/12/07 7:38:44PM   

guru_of_grapple

Learning to Sprawl

guru_of_grapple Avatar

Chips:

Posted by D-Boy

Posted by D-Boy

Welcome back and I never asked for the rules to change

I wasn't saying you did. I'm just bitter because I just found out I lost a BUNCH of points and it pisses me off that they're changing the rules as they go. To me, changing rules at the end of the first season would have been the fair way to go about changing them. I could have been a little less childish about the way I went about expressing my displeasure. I wasn't trying to take it on on you. Sorry..I got a bit of a temper.

Post #28   4/12/07 7:41:10PM   

Tamara

Learning to Sprawl

Tamara Avatar

Chips:
I still want to see the percentage of complaints vs. members of the playground....

Last edited 4/12/07 7:48PM server time by Tamara

Post #29   4/12/07 7:47:02PM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by CWall33

Posted by D-Boy

Totally different, if you are using this context all it would mean is your fight purse is reduced and you would keep your win as we still get points for our actions just not as many.

And that would be fair to you? Change the rules after the fact and take away her money and points for armbarring you? Hypothetically, of course.

Posted by D-Boy
Why should the system only be changed between rounds there's nothing we would have done differently had this other scoring system been in place at the start that would change the positons that we are in now. If the round started with these rules you would still have your same rank.

I don't think anyone has a problem with changing the rules mid-season (between rounds). The problem is making it retroactive.

Would we have picked differently with the current rules? Probably not. But that's not the point. We earned points based on the rules that were in place at the time. Those points should stand.

At the end of the day this update has come to make things fairer and more balanced. It's been said many times this game is in BETA, meaning things need to be changed, balanced and worked out. I'm probably going to cross the line here by saying this but you just sound to me like a cry baby because you no longer have an advantage over other people who picked the fight details closer than you did.

Should things be retoactive everytime balance changes are imposed, in my opinion yes as it takes away unfairness (These updates make the game fairer as I said before) but at the end of the day it's up to the mods and admins and this is what they have chosen. It's their game and you should respect this.

Last edited 4/12/07 7:51PM server time by D-Boy

Post #30   4/12/07 7:49:57PM   

Page 2 of 7     1     2     3     4     5   >>