Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock Lesnar is ready for Frank Mir/Shane Carwin winner (Video)

Print  
Posted By Message

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,426
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Brock getting ready.

link

Post #1   1/29/10 6:57:28PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:540-380
Chips:
he looks ready but i think hes still got a ways to go. he beat up on mir in the last fight but mir has completly changed his training. hes cutting to make 265 now and isnt fat anymore like the big nog fight. if he can overcome lesnars strength and size he'll have a good chance of taking his belt i think

Post #2   1/29/10 11:59:18PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

he looks ready but i think hes still got a ways to go. he beat up on mir in the last fight but mir has completly changed his training. hes cutting to make 265 now and isnt fat anymore like the big nog fight. if he can overcome lesnars strength and size he'll have a good chance of taking his belt i think

I agree but Lesnar's wrestling will always give Mir problems when Brock is on top and reigning down punches. Sure Mir has gotten stronger, but has he gotten that mentality to take guy down and work his top game, I'm not so sure...I think Mir's strength program was implemented to survive against Brock. Mir better hope Brock hasn't evolved at all since their last fight.

Post #3   1/30/10 4:30:53AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,552-908
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I don't know what was impressive about that, I thought he looked very slow and non-explosive, I sincerely hope that was at the end of an intense workout.

Post #4   1/30/10 12:05:29PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

You think Mir can suddenly cancel out Lesnar's vastly superior wrestling skills by gaining weight?

Post #5   1/30/10 12:42:29PM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Career:317-283
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

I don't know what was impressive about that, I thought he looked very slow and non-explosive, I sincerely hope that was at the end of an intense workout.

I honestly was thinking the same thing. It didn't look that impressive. I agree, I hope that was at the end of a hardcore workout because otherwise I fear for Brocks safety in the future.
I like Brock and i've seen other training videos where he actually looked impressive but this was far from it.

Post #6   1/30/10 4:17:41PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,626-950
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by tcunningham

You think Mir can suddenly cancel out Lesnar's vastly superior wrestling skills by gaining weight?

No, but it will level the playing field after Lesnar takes him down. Mir is a way way way better striker. If Brock stands with him he'll get dropped.

Mir is also years ahead of Brock on the ground. If he has enough strength to even the playing field his technique will shine through and he should be able to get a sub easily. Like the first time they fought.

Post #7   1/30/10 6:47:53PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,321-858
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by tcunningham

No, but it will level the playing field after Lesnar takes him down. Mir is a way way way better striker. If Brock stands with him he'll get dropped.

Mir is also years ahead of Brock on the ground. If he has enough strength to even the playing field his technique will shine through and he should be able to get a sub easily. Like the first time they fought.

i agree

mir in their last fight was seriously at a strength disadvantage.and on top of that a weight disadvantage.NOW mir has considerably gained alot of strength.i still dont think hes as strong as lesnar but hes alot damn stronger now.also i agree about lesnar being totally inferior to mirs striking.i also agree that mir is light years ahead on the ground.BUT only BJJ wise.lesnar knows how to wrestle.and he does it damn good to.what that means to me is that the only way i can see lesnar winning another match with mir is only if he wins a boring decision consisting of him laying on mir the whole 3 rounds.because im pretty sure mir isnt weak enough anymore to get layed on and punched like he did last time

Post #8   1/30/10 7:07:22PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by sbulldavid

I honestly was thinking the same thing. It didn't look that impressive. I agree, I hope that was at the end of a hardcore workout because otherwise I fear for Brocks safety in the future.
I like Brock and i've seen other training videos where he actually looked impressive but this was far from it.

You do realize a few things right..for one, Brock is just coming back from a major injury/viral infection.....he's still working himself back up. And secondly, you aren't always going 100% in training, esp sparring, wrestling or rolling...b/c you don't want to cause injuries which would lead to not being able to fight or fighting under bad conditions. Just sayin'

Post #9   1/31/10 3:22:37AM