Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Share UFC Quick Quote: Tito Ortiz is 'full of ****'

Print  
Posted By Message

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,509-1,360
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Tito Ortiz is full of ****

"No, it's not true at all. He's full of ****. Let me tell you what Chuck told me. He's gonna break his head open! Yeah, he's pissed."

-- WEC General Manager Reed Harris kept it short and not-so-sweet when Dave Farra asked him on X107.5 Las Vegas if there was any truth to the allegations made by Tito Ortiz that Chuck Liddell is a recovering alcoholic. Ortiz claimed that Liddell was in deep trouble with the disease of alcoholism, until Dana White saved the most dominant light heavyweight champion in recent history through an intervention.

No surprise here.

Post #1   1/29/10 6:12:00PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Chips:
umm no..chuck liddell is an alcoholic..there's some many video out there of him being sh*tfaced and mumbling his words..bottom line chuck liddell is an alcoholic...

Post #2   1/29/10 9:21:23PM   

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
I have a few videos of my pissed as, Mumbling my words too, Am i an Alcoholic, Far from it...

Post #3   1/29/10 9:27:03PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

umm no..chuck liddell is an alcoholic..there's some many video out there of him being sh*tfaced and mumbling his words..bottom line chuck liddell is an alcoholic...

that doesn't prove he's an alcoholic. We all get shitfaced and mumble words, just so happens Chucks life is under a microscope.

Post #4   1/29/10 9:40:16PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

I seriously doubt this is true. Chucks a party guy no doubt but I doubt he's addicted to drinking. The recent videos of him out he's been stone cold sober and in the past he's had the same approach to fights. The Wand fight sticks out in my mind as the last time he was this focused and before that the second Randy fight.
Chuck likes to party no doubt but theirs no way he could have been on top of the game as long as he has if he had to drink ever hour or so to stop the shakes.
Tito is a media whore and is attention seeking once again. I could see the argument if Chuck had looked poor in his last few fight but I had him ahead in the Rashad fight until he got floored with a speedy and powerful hook and the Rampage fight he was the same old Chuck but got KO'd by a well placed and timed shot again.

Also with the amount of people around Chuck all day every day how would it have been kept secret this long with out someone leaking it to the press?
I think its another one of Tito's lies just like his "broken neck" or "bad back" after his operation. He's lied too many times in the past for me to even consider anything he says to be true with out hard, cold facts put in front of me.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #5   1/29/10 9:51:52PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Chips:
ya'll seen that video where he's doin that interview and and he's slurring his words and barely awake and it was only noon..and the dude's like are you drunk or something..imo i think he's a drunk like Hasselhoff..that's me though..but than again maybe tito is lyin..

Last edited 1/29/10 10:06PM server time by rhythmandstyle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   1/29/10 10:04:28PM   

MiniMan

Standup Guy

MiniMan Avatar

Career:38-27
Chips:
you sure know your stuff man, He was under poor management and did a interview under sleeping pills or some medication or something....

MAYBE STOP HATING ON LIDDELL

Post #7   1/29/10 11:21:11PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:519-361
Chips:
no sh*t. let the guy be. i haven't seen to many alcoholics become UFC hall of famers. maybe he likes to drink but we all get trashed and mumble. either way as long as he can fight and whoop ortiz ill be happy

Post #8   1/29/10 11:48:07PM   

NeaRMisS

MMA Regular

Career:69-53
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

no sh*t. let the guy be. i haven't seen to many alcoholics become UFC hall of famers. maybe he likes to drink but we all get trashed and mumble. either way as long as he can fight and whoop ortiz ill be happy

Your avi is a good example of that ... Wasn't deigo at some awards and mumbling words and ****? That means he is an alchy as well? Someone also said that his life is under a microscope which it is, and yet we only see 3-5 minute clips from every couple of days of him leaving a bar / party tipsy...Whats going on in that other 23 h 55-57 minutes? Him being a boring normal human so no one wants to put that on tv or talk about that... "Oh **** you see chuck trip this morning almost grabbing his news paper? Must be his knees - I think he needs knee surgery now! Spread the rumor asap!"

Ugh, Anyhow this is just tito doing what he does best, being in the press / media every second he can be. Which isn't a terrible thing, cause it means people will talk about him -> his upcoming fight.

Like so many people have said earlier, stop the hating on Chuck and let him be!

Post #9   1/30/10 12:10:08AM   

quicksand381

Learning to Sprawl

Career:144-103
Chips:
regardles of him being an alcy or not we can all agree that his excessesive partying has effected his career. but ur right u cant hate the guy for what he has accomplished in his career so if he wants to get f****d up on a regular basis let' em. Now if he is thinking of going for the gold that ship has sailed along time ago cuz one thing ortiz gots on him is that he never got beat by evans or got beat that bad ever in his career. I have been a fan of both those guys since there first fights in mma. its smart that chuck takes this fight over any others because he has a big shot at winning and tito has a small chance to prevail. if chuck fights anyone else thats ranked in the top 5 he and tito will most likely lose. I say if chuck really wanted to and I qoute him on this "I want to retire with the belt on my waist" he would have taking better care of his health for later years in his career.

Post #10   1/30/10 3:04:59AM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

bottom line is that you are not a doctor unless you can provide me with some medical proof that you are, I don't accept opinion one bit...it;s one thing to go out and party and drink (which Chuck openly admits he does) , it;s another thing to be an ALCOHOLIC and need an intervention to resolve your problems, I don't think Chuck needed that and I also think Chuck is gonna blast Tito's head off in thierr 3rd fight, basically like the first 2 times they fought. Chuck isn't an alcoholic anymore than any other normal American male....if he were losing to Bonnar or Sinosic then you'd have a point...but his losses are against guys who are 10 years younger than him w/ similiar or better skill sets (Rashad former champ and Shogun should been champ).

This is just Tito's attempt at hyping the fight. I like what the UFC is doing matching up Tito/Chuck and Randy/Coleman...likely have the winner vs. winner fight and loser vs. loser fight....regardless of who wins or loses, these fights will sell.

Post #11   1/30/10 4:54:06AM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

ya'll seen that video where he's doin that interview and and he's slurring his words and barely awake and it was only noon..and the dude's like are you drunk or something..imo i think he's a drunk like Hasselhoff..that's me though..but than again maybe tito is lyin..

that's already been proven that he was on some cold medicine that made him loopy, do you honestly think Chuck could defend his LHW title as many times as he did being an alcoholic?

Post #12   1/30/10 4:58:39AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

He had the flu when he did that interview and drank some niquil in the middle of the night cuz he couldnt sleep and that interview was at like 5 in the morning. you'd be fallin asleep and sluring you words to. on top of that, chuck has never been the most talented person when it comes to speaking well

Post #13   1/30/10 10:29:15AM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

He had the flu when he did that interview and drank some niquil in the middle of the night cuz he couldnt sleep and that interview was at like 5 in the morning. you'd be fallin asleep and sluring you words to. on top of that, chuck has never been the most talented person when it comes to speaking well

Can you prove the NyQuil story? No one ever did. It sounded like a quick excuse to me.

Post #14   1/30/10 11:14:10AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Can you prove the NyQuil story? No one ever did. It sounded like a quick excuse to me.

can you prove that he was drunk? no one ever did. sounds like a quick excuse to hate on chuck if you ask me.

Post #15   1/31/10 3:28:31AM