Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Source: Despite threats, no one yet fired from Brock Lesnar's camp

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,496-1,495
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
A week after UFC heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar blasted his team for talking out of turn, a source close to the fighter told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that everything is still business as usual inside the camp.Upon announcing his octagon return this past Wednesday after a life-threatening bout of diverticulosis, Lesnar (4-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) expressed dismay at the multiple health reports that trickled out in the months following his battle with the intestinal disease.

Link

Post #1   1/28/10 7:38:57PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I don't get why he's so concerned about people knowing what he had. He must realize people are going to find out one way or another when the spotlight is focused so firmly on him. The more you try to conceal it the more rabid people will get in trying to uncover the truth and the more crazy rumours will circulate. People get sick.

Post #2   1/28/10 8:24:37PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
less talk... more fighting from lesnar. i want to see him continue to fight until he loses his title. once the other competitors figure out how to get past his sheer size and strength he'll have some serious problems

Post #3   1/28/10 10:18:32PM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,573-973
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
from what i've heard he's lost atleast 10 pounds of muscle and with the way mir is stacking it on it could be a very interesting rubber match IF Mir gets through carwin (which i think he will). Mir vs. Lesnar is easily one of my all time favorite sports rivalries and a 3rd fight would give me a stroke.

Post #4   1/29/10 12:50:20AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by fonduktoe

from what i've heard he's lost atleast 10 pounds of muscle and with the way mir is stacking it on it could be a very interesting rubber match IF Mir gets through carwin (which i think he will). Mir vs. Lesnar is easily one of my all time favorite sports rivalries and a 3rd fight would give me a stroke.

He was down to 225 at one point.

Post #5   1/29/10 3:54:33AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I wonder if the "well-placed source inside the heavyweight champion's camp" was authorized to inform us that no one was let go yet?

Post #6   1/29/10 7:19:41AM   

KingCreep

MMA Regular

KingCreep Avatar

Career:418-327
Chips:
i'm not sure how much i buy into all of this, it seems like brock got himself sick and has been reaching for someone to blame or unload some agression on. i'm sure it wasn't his intention to fall ill but all these things like blaming doctors (his own and canadian ones), firing people in his camp for simply talking about him (we still had no idea what was wrong really) and then firing a training partner. i seriously hope he pushes himself to inflate as quickly as possible, i have a feeling that he'll have some terrible cardio in his return to the octagon.

Post #7   1/29/10 7:38:23AM