Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Swick says AKA vs. AKA is a "lose/lose" proposition

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Teammate versus teammate.

It has been a controversial subject that seems to gain more steam every time UFC president Dana White mentions the possibility of one fighter getting in contender status and a teammate climbing up the ladder right behind them.

To this date, no one has been forced to make that decision, but at American Kickboxing Academy they have three top ranked welterweights and it's always a hot topic to bring up.

White mentioned recently that he thought a great fight to determine a top contender would be Jon Fitch vs. Josh Koscheck, but again they didn't have to make that choice and each of them have different opponents.

AKA fighter Mike Swick talked about the impossible situation with MMAWeekly Radio recently.

LINK

Post #1   1/26/10 8:54:44AM   

BMF

MMA Regular

Career:1,900-1,357
Chips:
Why does it matter, none of them would beat GSP so its a null point.

Post #2   1/26/10 10:59:33AM   

NeaRMisS

MMA Regular

Career:69-53
Chips:

Posted by BMF

Why does it matter, none of them would beat GSP so its a null point.

So that means you dont wanna see GSP fight ever again cause in your mind no one is going to beat him right?

Post #3   1/26/10 11:15:37AM   

BMF

MMA Regular

Career:1,900-1,357
Chips:
I never said I didn't want to see him fight ever, however I think he has proven unbeatable in the 170 lb division, except the lose to Serra, Hughes, etc. which he avenged.

However I was referring to this article, where Swick doesn't want to fight a teammate such as Kos or Fitch. Who subsequenlty have already loss to GSP and after Swick's performance against Hardy, I doubt he would win either. So therefore I don't care to wacth the lose again, and therefore them fighting each other wouldn't prove anything, since the outcome against GSP would be the same.

Post #4   1/26/10 12:43:09PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
Note to Mr Swick - Stop moaning about Hardy getting a title shot and stop making excuses not to fight your team mates who would all own you anyway. I wouldn't be suprised if it was you who came up with the no team mate v team mate pact anyway.

Hardy and Daley are team mates and I don't think they would let that get in the way of a title shot. It's just business.

Last edited 1/26/10 1:43PM server time by bigbadal
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   1/26/10 1:43:14PM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:317-259
Camp: DGK
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

Note to Mr Swick - Stop moaning about Hardy getting a title shot and stop making excuses not to fight your team mates who would all own you anyway. I wouldn't be suprised if it was you who came up with the no team mate v team mate pact anyway.

I just pictured them sitting in a circle on their practice mats making the pact holding hands.

Post #6   1/26/10 4:33:56PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by marcoDGK

Posted by BigBadAl

I just pictured them sitting in a circle on their practice mats making the pact holding hands.

Yep! and who has the most to gain out of it? Swick, that's who. Does anyone on this site think that Swick would beat either Koz or Fitch?

Post #7   1/27/10 8:52:41AM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
It seems like every fighter who dwells on a loss has been losing lately, I dont see this fight as the exception. It took a fighter with a great chin and overall better boxing to show me how one dimentional Swick is. Plus I dont think he hurt Hardy that much when he caught him with some of those bombs. Paulo is known in Brazil for having a great chin, as evidence by some of the hard shots Kos hit him with. The grappling advantage is heavily in Paulo's favor being a Judo and Jiu Jitsu black belt. Not only has Swick never faced a black belt professionally but we dont know if he has any sub defense or if he's terrible off his back. Paulo looked extremely crisp, comfortable in the cage, and got takedowns on a D1 wrestler last time out. So if I was Mike I'd worry about this fight anyway and just watch GSP tear Hardy appart later on.

Post #8   1/27/10 9:19:07AM