Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nick Diaz happy with Welterweight Return

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,396-1,260
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Nick Diaz takes on Dream champion Marius Zaromskis on Jan. 30 in Sunrise, Fla., for the vacant Strikeforce welterweight title.

Diaz’s last two fights were out of his weight class, but he’s eager to return to the 170-pound division, the division he’s competed in for most of his career.

“I’m very happy to fight at that weight. I look the best at that weight. I like it, I feel the best at that weight,” said the Cesar Gracie trained athlete. “I’ve been waiting for a long time to fight in here at this weight class. Those last two fights weren’t my idea. I’ve fought at welterweight most of my life, so this isn’t a new thing to me.”

LINK

Post #1   1/26/10 8:53:42AM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-469
Chips:
He's had trouble making 170 in the past, but I think this is the right weight for him to be at. I was suprised when he took the Frank Shamrock and Scott Smith fights at middleweight because he doesn't have the physique or frame for 185 like those guys but he makes up for it with technique and skill which is what MMA is all about. I see him winning his next fight.

Post #2   1/26/10 3:16:53PM