Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Marquardt : ST. Pierre will Destroy Hardy

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=307252

Given he's a friend and training partner of Georges St-Pierre, middleweight Nate (The Great) Marquardt may not be the most objective judge of GSP's next title challenger.

But Marquardt isn't expecting much of English welterweight Dan (The Outlaw) Hardy.

"I think Georges is going to kill him," Marquardt told The Canadian Press on Friday.

Post #1   1/23/10 3:26:20PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
I've got to agree. If Hardy doesn't land something in the opening minute he'll be taken down and smashed.

Post #2   1/23/10 3:41:13PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,291-843
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
totally agree

GSP is going to DESTROY hardy

Post #3   1/23/10 4:45:46PM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,573-973
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
big surprise here
he's gsp's teammate plus he's just agreeing with the rest of the world. i saw a similar article in which dan hardy's mom said "gsp will murder dan hardy."

Post #4   1/23/10 4:57:48PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,413-1,434
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
at the above statement.

Post #5   1/23/10 5:27:06PM   

SpiderSilva

07/07

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,887-1,178
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by fonduktoe
dan hardy's mom said "gsp will murder dan hardy."

Ouch...

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #6   1/23/10 5:34:26PM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
People are forgetting that GSP was taken out by Matt Serra. Hardy definitely has a punchers chance if he can hurt GSP early and take him out of his game plan. GSP could be overlooking Hardy like he did to Serra.

Post #7   1/23/10 6:02:18PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by BigIP

People are forgetting that GSP was taken out by Matt Serra. Hardy definitely has a punchers chance if he can hurt GSP early and take him out of his game plan. GSP could be overlooking Hardy like he did to Serra.

No one is forgetting anything. We're going by more recent GSP fights where has has absolutely dominated everyone including Serra in a rematch. If GSP does something wrong it will be fighting too safely against someone he can smash.

Post #8   1/23/10 6:07:41PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by BigIP

that was the turning point, maybe the best thing to happen. Activated beast mode.

Post #9   1/23/10 6:19:42PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,914-1,601
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by BigIP

that was the turning point, maybe the best thing to happen. Activated beast mode.

Agreed!!!!

Post #10   1/23/10 6:30:30PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,177-636
Chips:

Posted by BigIP

Anyone in MMA has a "puncher's chance" going into a fight. I do not understand the point of people pointing it out every time since it's not like it's debatable or mentioning anything about the specific fight.

Although, what is debatable is who is the favorite?
In which everyone (surely you too) would agree GSP.

Last edited 1/23/10 7:12PM server time by copenhagen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   1/23/10 7:06:46PM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:

Posted by Copenhagen

Posted by BigIP

Anyone in MMA has a "puncher's chance" going into a fight. I do not understand the point of people pointing it out every time since it's not like it's debatable or mentioning anything about the specific fight.

In which everyone will agree GSP.

I would disagree. Usually the term 'puncher's chance' only applies to good strikers. You would not apply the term to someone who is really good wrestler or bjj guy.

Post #12   1/23/10 7:12:46PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,177-636
Chips:

Posted by BigIP

Posted by Copenhagen

Posted by BigIP

In which everyone will agree GSP.

I would disagree. Usually the term 'puncher's chance' only applies to good strikers. You would not apply the term to someone who is really good wrestler or bjj guy.

What I was implying was I don't think anyone is ignoring the fact that Hardy could perhaps get the KO. It is just that no one has mentioned it because everyone realizes that "GSP nullifying Hardy's striking game with his relentless takedowns" is the more likely scenario to play out.

Mentioning what would happen 99 out of 100 times is better then mentioning what would happen 1 out of 100 IMO.

Sorry I misunderstood when you said puncher's chance.

Last edited 1/23/10 7:28PM server time by copenhagen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   1/23/10 7:25:18PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,324-1,566
Chips:
I think GSP will destroy him too BUT I also feel Hardy has a chance to KO GSP. The Matt Serra fight can not be forgotten. GSP was doing the chicken dance. Serra didn't let him recover and finished him off. GSP can be dazed. It could be a great fight...or it could be a GSP domination. I would put my cash on Georges.

Post #14   1/23/10 7:36:05PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,291-843
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
well considering that alves couldnt KO GSP.

its kinna hard to fathom hardy even getting close enough to land a big shot.

i see GSP doing exactly what he did to alves.and that is constantly pressuring hardy with takedowns and effective GnP.which in turn will totally take hardy out of his element.

hardy has never fought someone on the level that GSP is.there is a reason he is the UFC WW champion and nobody else is

Post #15   1/23/10 7:45:28PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2