Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Terry Etim vs. Rafael dos Anjos in the works for UFC 112 in Abu Dhabi

Print  
Posted By Message

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
linkage

A lightweight match-up between British fighter Terry Etim (14-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) and Brazilian Rafael dos Anjos (13-4 MMA, 2-2 UFC) is close to being finalized for UFC 112 in April.

Sources close to the bout told MMAjunkie.com (mmajunkie.com) that both parties have agreed to the fight and hope to sign bout agreements shortly.

The match-up was first reported by British-based Fighters Only magazine.

A press conference formally announcing UFC 112 for April 10 in Abu Dhabi is expected for next Wednesday, according to Yahoo! Sports. The event could take place in an outdoor arena – constructed specifically for the promotion's first trip to the Middle East – which would mark the first outdoor show in UFC history.

Post #1   1/22/10 10:58:04AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I like this matchup better than Etim vs Siver because now both of those guys who I am a fan of can both win.

I think Etim should prolly get the tko stoppage here or win a UD with his striking and can probably hold his own on the ground with RDA.

Crazy to see these guys turn it around like the article said, both had suffered back to back losses but now have some win streaks going. Good for them.

Post #2   1/22/10 11:04:13AM   

SamPan

Standup Guy

Career:1,035-618
Chips:
Tough one

Post #3   1/22/10 11:08:00AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,842-1,052
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Great Matchup!

Post #4   1/22/10 12:55:25PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
Dos Anjos is the better striker and neither will submit each other. Dos Anjos by 30-27.

Post #5   1/22/10 1:05:09PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
Good fight and a close one but will go with Etim by RNC late on in the fight.

Post #6   1/22/10 1:30:07PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,320-1,389
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
man my brain my be dyin on me..cause i coulda swore i posted this like a day or two ago..i think my title was "etim vs dos anjos,and siver vs somebody"..but than i searched for it and nothing came up..WTF..serious..i haven't drank since sunday and haven't smoke nothing for a week..cause i swear i sometimes post things and i go back to review it and it's gone..is it just me..or is someone playing game with my mind?..

Post #7   1/22/10 2:11:48PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

man my brain my be dyin on me..cause i coulda swore i posted this like a day or two ago..i think my title was "etim vs dos anjos,and siver vs somebody"..but than i searched for it and nothing came up..WTF..serious..i haven't drank since sunday and haven't smoke nothing for a week..cause i swear i sometimes post things and i go back to review it and it's gone..is it just me..or is someone playing game with my mind?..

I remember seeing an Etim Vs Siver post. Was it that?

I think Pearson is fighting Siver now, not sure though.

Post #8   1/22/10 2:18:37PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,320-1,389
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

yeah i knew it just wasn't me..the end of my title was Siver fighting Pearson..finally someone confirms that i'm not going ape nuts..i thought i was losin my mind there..thanks alot man...

Last edited 1/22/10 2:24PM server time by rhythmandstyle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   1/22/10 2:22:57PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

yeah i knew it just wasn't me..the end of my title was Siver fighting Pearson..finally someone confirms that i'm not going ape nuts..i thought i was losin my mind there..thanks alot man...

All in a days work

Post #10   1/22/10 2:44:13PM