Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Brown official for UFC 111 prelims in March

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
An intriguing welterweight matchup between veteran submission ace Ricardo Almeida (11-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) and slugger Matt Brown (11-7 MMA, 4-1 UFC) is now official for "UFC 111: St-Pierre vs. Hardy."

The UFC today officially announced the contest, which is slotted for the evening's preliminary card but seems an obvious choice for a potential Spike TV slot should the network elect to air a few undercard bouts.

UFC 111 takes place March 27 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., with a pay-per-view championship double-header.

LINK

Post #1   1/22/10 9:35:10AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,405-840
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I love to watch Matt Brown fight!

Post #2   1/22/10 9:56:21AM   

RandyCouture

MMA Regular

RandyCouture Avatar

Career:1,524-786
Chips:
Agreed matt brown always brings it to the table and has heart. One of the most exciting WW fighters to watch IMO.

WAR Matt Brown

Post #3   1/22/10 10:58:01AM   

runningman08

Standup Guy

runningman08 Avatar

Career:448-283
Chips:
This is going to be a great fight. I do think it should be on the main card though. I can see why it isn't. This is a great fight to give free to the fans on the spike prelims. While i am a fan of brown i am a bigger fan of almeida and i think almeida has what it takes to pull out a decision. I do however see brown doing a better job at making the fight exciting.

Post #4   1/22/10 12:34:13PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
One of the tougher picks on the card. Brown has withstood every submission attempt since coming to the octagon, and there have been many. Almeida usually uses his jiu jitsu for control rather than offensively which will a big problem fighting Brown. A couple things that come to mind are, this is Almeida's first cut to 170, and its in his hometown. It makes me believe a decision could probably go his way if close. At this point I cant go against Brown, he has too many tools, he's great in the scrambles and he wont gas like I think Almeida might. Brown has got some great skills all around, wants to kill you and he'll never quit, that's why everyone loves watching him fight.

Post #5   1/22/10 1:17:41PM