Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Paulo Filho bets on Belfort against Anderson

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,496-1,495
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Paulo Filho will be back to Brazilian stages on Bitetti Combat 6, and he’s already training for the combat. The organization of the event didn’t confirm who’s going to be the opponent of the black belt, but the black belt revealed to TATAME.com that his opponent may be Marvin Eastman. In interview to TATAME.com , Filho talked about the next UFC fights, as Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort and the return of Rodrigo Minotauro and Wanderlei Silva, and the possibility of Ricardo Arona signing with the UFC.

Link

Post #1   1/21/10 12:46:37PM   

whhh88

Learning to Sprawl

Career:97-88
Chips:
Interesting considering Filho is real close to the Nog brothers, even training with them in Miami quite often.. You'd think that would persuade his pick just a little bit.

Post #2   1/21/10 1:58:17PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,442-795
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I like Vitor but I still think Silva will win this fight. Now that's not to say Vitor doesn't have a chance because he does. Out of anyone I would give him a best chance of winning due to his speed and power. But Silva's counter striking is by far the best in MMA right now. Silva also has speed, power, and pin point striking. Now I think Vitor is a little faster but Silva makes up for that with his accuracy and head movement. All and all I think it will be a great fight no matter who wins.

Last edited 1/21/10 4:37PM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   1/21/10 4:36:22PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
He says Arona beat Fedor. Fedor beat him in rings. Even the though it was a close match Fedor definitely won.

Post #4   1/21/10 4:41:27PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by kaduey

He says Arona beat Fedor. Fedor beat him in rings. Even the though it was a close match Fedor definitely won.

I actually kind of disagree. It definatly could have gone either way, but I personally would have scored it for Arona.

And I also disagree with Filho. I don't think Anderson will have much trouble with Vitor.

Last edited 1/21/10 6:58PM server time by gspfan

Post #5   1/21/10 6:58:13PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:535-379
Chips:
i would love to see vitor take the title, but hes got to take it from one of the best strikers in the ufc if not the best. its gonna be good. they both have KO power and their both lightning fast. vitor is the aggressor in this fight. hes gonna really test silvas counter attacks

Post #6   1/21/10 11:40:36PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,533-950
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
something in my gut is telling me vitor is gonna take this. i know alot of people say that alot with anderson silva but i havent before. alot of people thought forrrest had a chance and i didnt. but something about this fight just makes me feel funny. i think vitor is back to his old shape and if so i think vitor is gonna shock alot of people. regardless ill probably still pick anderson cause i feel its the safer choice. but i might go with vitor here and depending on the odds put some money on him.

sometimes i get this funny feeling inside and it has been right alot in my past. everyone told me that johny hendricks wasnt gonna beat sadollah when i told them that hendricks will probably destroy him. only every now and then i get this feeling of idk haha. but everyone also tried to tell me vitor wouldnt beat franklin and i called that one but listened to too many people and thought franklin might survive the first so i went with 2nd rnd ko and it was a bad choice.

vitor has a sleight speed advantage over silva and i think alot more power. but silva has an advantage everywhere else.

Post #7   1/22/10 3:23:01AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by gspfan

Posted by kaduey

I actually kind of disagree. It definatly could have gone either way, but I personally would have scored it for Arona.

And I also disagree with Filho. I don't think Anderson will have much trouble with Vitor.

Under a North American judging system Arona would have won. The problem is that he made absolutely no effort to finish the fight, even when he got into very dominant positions like full mount. In Japan effort to finish the fight is the biggest thing, and by that criteria Fedor definitely won.

I think the reason people say Arona won is because they're used to judging fights under the UFC's judging system.

Post #8   1/22/10 5:11:02AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,700-926
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think Silva is going to fairly easily defeat Vitor Belfort.

The entire "old Vitor" idea generally confuses me. Busting up Matt Lindland last year or annihilating subpar strikers ten years ago like Marvin Eastman, he has always had a lot of power and speed but once he's forced to strike with the best of them he erodes fairly quickly. If anything, the fighter that showed up against Rich Franklin impresses me much more than the fighter that got beat up by Chuck Liddell and outhustled by Randy Couture after a few fast highlight reel KOs.

I will be glad to put the idea of the "old Vitor" to rest, either if he loses or he finally lives up to the potential and hype he had during his first run in the UFC.

Post #9   1/22/10 5:42:46AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
As Belfort will likely be the aggressor I think Anderson will end this in round one. Right now I feel the only fighter in the MW division who has realistic chance against Anderson is Marquardt.

Post #10   1/22/10 1:34:30PM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:
I have had vitor as the one to beat silva since the lindland fight and I'm sticking to it WAR Belfort

Last edited 1/22/10 2:01PM server time by karn501

Post #11   1/22/10 2:01:11PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
sounds like he's just trying to say that he thinks vitor at his best would probably beat anderson. I could see that. I'll be picking belfort either way but won't be even slightly shocked to see anderson destroy him. I'm hoping not....but Anderson is amazing and can make great fighters look bad.

most of the time I can't stop myself from picking really talented underdogs.

Post #12   1/22/10 2:30:53PM   

fizz

MMA Regular

fizz Avatar

Career:1,912-997
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
See kids that is why i tell you not to abuse steroids !

Post #13   1/22/10 2:59:56PM