Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Royce Gracie Likes GSP's Approach

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Royce Gracie, the original UFC champion, hasn't fought in almost three years. But in a wide-ranging interview with Emirates Jiu-Jitsu, he demonstrated that he can still offer a lot of smart commentary on MMA.

Among Gracie's interesting comments: He's a huge fan of UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre.

"GSP knows how to use a lot of strategy," Gracie said. "It's tough to find somebody to beat him right now. That's one of the guys who knows how to use strategy -- he's not just good but he brings strategy. I like guys who can use strategy, not just tough guys. GSP is at the top of my list in knoing how to use strategy, how to bring an opponent out of his game, how to beat a guy without taking a beating. And he's good in standup and good at grappling."

LINK

Post #1   1/21/10 11:11:46AM   

karn501

In Full Mount

karn501 Avatar

Career:134-103
Chips:
good interview Royce has some very interesting comments

Post #2   1/21/10 3:08:56PM